cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximizing referral credits when going to Koodo question.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Okay.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be switching a couple of lines over to Koodo sometime before the 15th.

The problem is, there have been so many koodo discussions that I appear to be a bit confused on the issue of getting credits. I'm under the impression that if you do it online, you get $100, but if you go to  koodo kiosk, it's $25.... or $100? I'm not sure.

Ideally, I would like to get this port done as quickly as possible. So that would rule out doing it online as they would have to send out a SIM card while the deadline passes by.

So, if I go to a koodo store, can I use a referral from somebody here? If so, that means I get $100 for referral and $100 sign up credit. Plus the other guy gets $100... correct?

Now, that I have an active line on Koodo, when I port my other line over, I can use my koodo line as referral immediately? that means my first line will have $300 in credits and the second line will have $100 referal plus $100 sign up credit for a total of $200?

Is this correct?

8 REPLIES 8

ckl

@BlueTruckGot your PM. Thanks.

ckl

So at this point in the game, Koodo website says it'll take 10 days to get a sim delivered due to high volume LOL. I'm assuming that's 10 business days so that would put me past the 15th. I guess the best bet would be to get a referral link, activate in store and get the $25 referral + $100 credit and the other guy who referred me gets $25.

Then go online and sign up the other line with my referral link so that I get the $100, the other line gets $100 + the $100 credit.

So line 1 gets $225 and line 2 gets $200.

PS> First person to PM me with their referral link gets it.

BlueTruck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mimmowrote:

The koodo refer a friend states that :

$100 in bill credits for you, $100 in bill credits for your pal when they activate online.

so this means you need to buy a sim online and wait for it to arrive then activate your account then start refering.  activating instore will not give you the 100$referal  credit.   \

I would be happy if i am wrong, but that is how i read the text.

Yup there it is, https://referafriend.koodomobile.com/public/home.pg, italicized in point 3.

Someone on RFD posted an excellent summary of the online activation process:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/targeted-public-mobile-12-120-koodo-6gb-40-no-referrals-2173603/297/...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The koodo refer a friend states that :

$100 in bill credits for you, $100 in bill credits for your pal when they activate online.

so this means you need to buy a sim online and wait for it to arrive then activate your account then start refering.  activating instore will not give you the 100$referal  credit.   \

I would be happy if i am wrong, but that is how i read the text.

BlueTruck

Ah, thanks.

I'm sure that self-activations are cheaper than in-store, but it still strikes me as weird - the referral has nothing to do with the activation process.

Better safe than sorry, I suppose.

@computergeek541wrote:

@BlueTruckwrote:

The referral bonus is currently $100, it shouldn't matter if it is done online or in person. BUT, you must begin the referral process before you do the switch:

One might think that Koodo would not care how the person signed up, but it's right in the information about the referal program on the Koodo website that the activation channel (retrail store, online, phone) does makes a difference.   The $100 referal credit is only for online activations.  If the service is activated in-store, this amount is reduced to the regular $25.  This is likely do to there being no sales commission to pay out.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ckl When you activate your 1st Koodo line you may send a referral ink from it to anyone. So on your second line, 1st line and 2nd line both get $100 referral credit. Max $300 referral credits/accout/year.

All info from other posts, not personal experience.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@BlueTruckwrote:

The referral bonus is currently $100, it shouldn't matter if it is done online or in person. BUT, you must begin the referral process before you do the switch:

One might think that Koodo would not care how the person signed up, but it's right in the information about the referal program on the Koodo website that the activation channel (retrail store, online, phone) does makes a difference.   The $100 referal credit is only for online activations.  If the service is activated in-store, this amount is reduced to the regular $25.  This is likely due to there being no sales commission to pay out.

BlueTruck

1. Open referral email, click 'Submit Now' and provide name and email address. You will receive a new email with the subject "Activate now to get your rewards!"

2. Go to Koodo store, activate account using the same email address

3. Go to koodomobile.com and set up your Self-Serve account

4. Open the email from #1 above and follow the instructions to complete the referral process

With all that done, you can begin to issue your own referrals to new accounts via Koodo's refer-a-friend program.

There is a $300 per year cap on referral bonuses, I do not know if the $100 migration credit is part of this or not.

Need Help? Let's chat.