cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just getting setup, need some help.

bobbymays
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I just purchased my plan (40 per month for 5 gb) Im porting my number from virgin, and my phone is locked with them, what should i do now, my virgin sim is still in my phone, and Im not sure if pm is going to unlock my phone? So what do i do?

6 REPLIES 6

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bobbymays wrote:

Thank you guys very much, all transferred over.

Cool ! I hope you will enjoy Public Mobile just as much as I do ! Smiley Very Happy

bobbymays
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you guys very much, all transferred over.

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Just in case... you can find the IMEI by dialling *#06# on the keypad and tapping the call button to view the IMEI.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@bobbymays wrote:

Hello, I just purchased my plan (40 per month for 5 gb) Im porting my number from virgin, and my phone is locked with them, what should i do now, my virgin sim is still in my phone, and Im not sure if pm is going to unlock my phone? So what do i do?

You need to request the unlock code from Virgin, Public Mobile cannot help unlock locked phones from carriers other than Telus and Koodo.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bobbymays wrote:

You will need to contact Virgin and get the unlock code from them.  Very simple and they don't charge anything.  You should be able to call 611 with your active Virgin Sim still and go through the process with them.  They will need the IMEI number of the phone you are unlocking.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You'll need to call Virgin and ask them to unlock your phone for you. Don't cancel your account with them, just unlock the phone. Then keep using the virgin sim until it stops working, thats when you'll know the port is complete and you can put the PM sim in your phone.

Usually a successful port will have cancelled your previous carrier's account, but it would be worth logging back into their website to double check. To pay any remaining fees and remove your credit card information from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.