cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

Bobk1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I lost my phone.  I bought a new one and need to port my phone number to it.  Should be easy but isn't.  the problem is two factor authentication.  I apparently need the public mobile app to order an esim for the new phone.  But I can't get into the Google Ply Store to get the app because of two factor authentication to my lost phone.

What can I do to get my new phone working?  Help!!!!

8 REPLIES 8

HI @Beneoin_babe 

you will need support agent to help.  Please message them by message using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Beneoin_babe

I lost my phone, I cannot get into My Account as I do not have access to an old registered email. I am going in circles. I want to change the email so I can get into the acocunt and cancel the phone and the payment. Someone please help. Te=he cusomer service is rediculouis. 

Bobk1

I was able to sideload the app and get the esim installed.

Thanks to everyone who replied.  You were all a great help.

@Bobk1 

someone here suggested this one the other day:

https://apkpure.net/public-mobile/com.telus.publicmobile/download

Bobk1

Great suggestion.  Thanks! I am looking for the Public Mobile app on APK mirror and not finding it.  Is that a good place to look?  If so what is the search term to use?

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Bobk1 

If you know your voicemail PIN # you can also choose voice message after clicking on "Didn't get the code?" Then call your phone # from another phone. Once voicemail picks up press "*" and enter your voicemail PIN # to retrieve your messages and the 2FA verification code.

Have a pen and paper ready to write down the 6 digit code. The code gets repeated in case you miss one of the 6 digits. Once confirmed that you have the correct 6 digit code delete the message.

@Bobk1 wrote:

I lost my phone.  I bought a new one and need to port my phone number to it.  Should be easy but isn't.  the problem is two factor authentication.  I apparently need the public mobile app to order an esim for the new phone.  But I can't get into the Google Ply Store to get the app because of two factor authentication to my lost phone.

What can I do to get my new phone working?  Help!!!!

Resuming  your service on a new device isn't considered number porting.  It is important not to try to "port" the number to anohter carrier.  When logged in your Public Mobile Self Serve account, please select the didn't get code/resend code option and have the code sent to e-mail.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bobk1 

Just want to clear on a term you use, you don't really "port" your phone number into it.  You just need a new esim on your new phone

For the 2FA form PM,  you can actually use Send email to receive the code from PM.  Just click Didn't receive code and then "Send Email"

But your bigger issue is Google sending a code to your phone and your phone is not receiving the code.  A quick work around is to sideload the Public Mobile app.  Download the app from those apk sites (use with care and make sure you download from a reliable source)

Another workaround is go setup another Google account (from a family member or a friend) on the phone first, this is to get into Google Store and download PM app.  After you download the app, setup the PM esim, you can then add yourself back to the phone and remove the other Google account (but that could be tricky)

Need Help? Let's chat.