cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone/disable account

tomi_ky
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My son lost his phone.  I need to disable his account and get a new SIM card, but he does not have online access.  I am using my account to post this message. How do we proceed?

8 REPLIES 8

@Anonymous wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@tomi_ky  Certainly contact the moderators via Simon (?) And explain the issue. If the self serve account was never set up perhaps if you find the original email you could set it up yourself and then report it lost.

@Luddite And other oracles....I know it's suggested to write the pin code down but could it be suggested that they archive the original email.

Of course, you can suggest whatever you like. For me, I've held on to emails from 1996. There are in fact the odd occassions where I go back and dig out what I needed.

@Anonymous  Email is still relatively new to me and I reluctantly use it out of necessity. And after numerous attempts this weekend from my purse thief to access it I am eliminating it as much as possible.....I just dig thru my box of important paperwork to find stuff and I do have some 1996 in there...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@tomi_ky  Certainly contact the moderators via Simon (?) And explain the issue. If the self serve account was never set up perhaps if you find the original email you could set it up yourself and then report it lost.

@Luddite And other oracles....I know it's suggested to write the pin code down but could it be suggested that they archive the original email.

Of course, you can suggest whatever you like. For me, I've held on to emails from 1996. There are in fact the odd occassions where I go back and dig out what I needed.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@tomi_ky  

If your phone was an Android device you might be able to find, lock, or erase a lost Android device. Click here for more info.

Did your son ever setup a selfserve account? If you have AutoPay enabled on the account you can try disabling it by dialing 1-855-4PUBLIC you will need his PIN number.

Also if you have the original welcome email from PM check the subject line and provide that number to the moderator.

To submit a ticket to the Public Moderator Team click here . Enter Submit Ticket and then click on the Contact Us button to access the Public Moderator Team Assistance form.

Hope this helps.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@tomi_ky wrote:

My son lost his phone.  I need to disable his account and get a new SIM card, but he does not have online access.  I am using my account to post this message. How do we proceed?

Login to his PM account.  Select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Lost/Stolen Phone] to report phone lost.  After he found his phone, go back to report phone found.

If he cannot find his phone, buy a new SIM card and select [Plan and Add-Ons] --> [Change SIM card] to switch his account to the new SIM card.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@tomi_ky wrote:

Use SIMon chatbot to submit a ticket to Moderators.

Go to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter "submit a ticket" and "contact us" to get started. Response can vary from a few hours up to 2 days.

Meanwhile you can try texting or calling his phone. Maybe someone has found it.

No worries, Public Mobile is prepaid. There won't be any surprise billing or charges.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Did your son try the forgot password link ?   Also he would have received a welcome email with login info.   If you need further assistance then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@tomi_kyYou would need to contact the moderators via SIMon by clicking on the lower right hand corner. Explain the situation to SIMon, once you think he understands you type submit ticket and he will prefill a support ticket for submission to the moderators for you.

Need Help? Let's chat.