cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 500 min $5 add on upon renewal

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My first major PM account issue!

I was on the $25 unlimited call/text/500 + 500 mb data plan and set up my account to switch to the $15 one. Anticipating this change, I decided to purchase the 500 min add on before the switchover.

Upon switchover, my $15 plan seems to be working fine but the add on was removed. I wrote the mods a few days ago but haven't heard back. Has anyone experienced this issue?

19 REPLIES 19

mh1983

Looking at my transaction history more closely, seems the add-on got refunded, even though I didn't request that. 

transaction-history.png

I'd like to add it back, but not if something is wrong with my account or the system. 

@mh1983 wrote:

Looking at my transaction history more closely, seems the add-on got refunded, even though I didn't request that. 

transaction-history.png

I'd like to add it back, but not if something is wrong with my account or the system. 

@mh1983  The $5 is sitting in your account balance so just go ahead and purchase the add-on now and you should be good to go.

mh1983

@mh1983  The $5 is sitting in your account balance so just go ahead and purchase the add-on now and you should be good to go.

Yes, that's an option, but as I mentioned: "I'd like to add it back, but not if something is wrong with my account or the system. " I'd like to understand why the add-on got removed/refunded to begin with without my authorization.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

the add on should be upload the fund first, then purchase, it is two steps. Make sure you purchased the add on successfully.

mh1983

@missorange wrote:

the add on should be upload the fund first, then purchase, it is two steps. Make sure you purchased the add on successfully.

I did, @missorange . It was previously in my account and I went through the 2 step process. Otherwise it wouldn't have appeared in my transaction history.

@mh1983 wrote:

Yes, that's an option, but as I mentioned: "I'd like to add it back, but not if something is wrong with my account or the system. " I'd like to understand why the add-on got removed/refunded to begin with without my authorization.

That is a puzzler. When I first got it and then ran out of the 50 minutes, it went to the 200 add-on..not the 500. They fixed it by removing it and re-adding it making it look like a new purchase. But that's not what happened here.

hmm

@mh1983 wrote:

@mh1983  On the 6th you purchase the add-on on the 18th they refunded the add-on maybe because you are on the $25 unlimited canada wide plan and that add-on does not make sense to have. On the 29th you added $5 to your account but no purchase of an add-on was made. So when did you make the purchase of the add-on on the 6th or the 29th?

If it still doesn't make sense then contact the moderators but honestly I don't see an issue here.

You did buy and activate the 500 minutes, but for whatever reason, someone refunded to leave a $5 credit.  On your renewal, the $5 was used, plus your rewards, and a small AutoPay top-up.

Your current balance should be $0 (ie the credit is not there).  It was used to make your payment.

This *should not" have happened.  You bought the addon, it should be refunded, whether they thought you need it or not.

@Alan_K, why would this happen?

@stonechucker wrote:

You did buy and activate the 500 minutes, but for whatever reason, someone refunded to leave a $5 credit.  On your renewal, the $5 was used, plus your rewards, and a small AutoPay top-up.

Your current balance should be $0 (ie the credit is not there).  It was used to make your payment.

This *should not" have happened.  You bought the addon, it should be refunded, whether they thought you need it or not.

@Alan_K, why would this happen?

My guess is someone didn't want the add-on, perhaps really wanting a roaming add-on, and asked for a credit. Then a mod perhaps did that to the wrong account.