cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 500 min $5 add on upon renewal

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

My first major PM account issue!

I was on the $25 unlimited call/text/500 + 500 mb data plan and set up my account to switch to the $15 one. Anticipating this change, I decided to purchase the 500 min add on before the switchover.

Upon switchover, my $15 plan seems to be working fine but the add on was removed. I wrote the mods a few days ago but haven't heard back. Has anyone experienced this issue?

19 REPLIES 19

mh1983

@computergeek541 wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

To close the loop:

It was a system issue that removed the add on when the plan change was made. The interface and operating functions are going through an overhaul and errors like this are expected from time to time. No worries though, by maintaining direct contact with you, the customers, we can fix them as we go and in this way also stabilize the system. 

It's good to hear that it worked out. Please do not mark your own posts as solutions, although I realize that one mistake mouse click could have caused this.  These stats may come into play when it comes to reward calculations.  Because of that, it does tend to upset other members.

Oops, my mistake! It was more informational -- not intended to game the system. 

@mh1983 wrote:

To close the loop:

It was a system issue that removed the add on when the plan change was made. The interface and operating functions are going through an overhaul and errors like this are expected from time to time. No worries though, by maintaining direct contact with you, the customers, we can fix them as we go and in this way also stabilize the system. 

It's good to hear that it worked out. Please do not mark your own posts as solutions, although I realize that one mistaken mouse click could have caused this.  These stats may come into play when it comes to reward calculations.  Because of that, it does tend to upset other members.

mh1983

To close the loop:

mh1983

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Such an odd situation. In any case, the mods got back to me and are looking into it now. Will keep you posted!

@mh1983 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

@mh1983  The $5 is sitting in your account balance so just go ahead and purchase the add-on now and you should be good to go.

Yes, that's an option, but as I mentioned: "I'd like to add it back, but not if something is wrong with my account or the system. " I'd like to understand why the add-on got removed/refunded to begin with without my authorization.

@mh1983  On the 6th you purchase the add-on on the 18th they refunded the add-on maybe because you are on the $25 unlimited canada wide plan and that add-on does not make sense to have. On the 29th you added $5 to your account but no purchase of an add-on was made. So when did you make the purchase of the add-on on the 6th or the 29th?

If it still doesn't make sense then contact the moderators but honestly I don't see an issue here.

I purchased the add-on on the 6th. 29th was renewal and I didn't add the $5 then.

@mh1983Correct, upon further review the $5 was added by AutoPay to cover the plan renewal.

mh1983

@geopublic wrote:

@mh1983  On the 6th you purchase the add-on on the 18th they refunded the add-on maybe because you are on the $25 unlimited canada wide plan and that add-on does not make sense to have. 

This occurred to me too. Be that as it may, it's for me to decide as a paying customer, not PM. I was getting the add-on in anticipation of switching my plan. (This is directed at them, not you, but just including your point for context.)

mh1983

@geopublic wrote:

@mh1983 wrote:

@mh1983  The $5 is sitting in your account balance so just go ahead and purchase the add-on now and you should be good to go.

Yes, that's an option, but as I mentioned: "I'd like to add it back, but not if something is wrong with my account or the system. " I'd like to understand why the add-on got removed/refunded to begin with without my authorization.

@mh1983  On the 6th you purchase the add-on on the 18th they refunded the add-on maybe because you are on the $25 unlimited canada wide plan and that add-on does not make sense to have. On the 29th you added $5 to your account but no purchase of an add-on was made. So when did you make the purchase of the add-on on the 6th or the 29th?

If it still doesn't make sense then contact the moderators but honestly I don't see an issue here.

I purchased the add-on on the 6th. 29th was renewal and I didn't add the $5 then.

mh1983

@geopublic wrote:

@mh1983  When did you make the plan change?

Mid-July at some point. I can't remember the exact date, but I set it up to change upon next renewal (July 29, in this case).

mh1983

@stonechucker wrote:

You did buy and activate the 500 minutes, but for whatever reason, someone refunded to leave a $5 credit.  On your renewal, the $5 was used, plus your rewards, and a small AutoPay top-up.

Your current balance should be $0 (ie the credit is not there).  It was used to make your payment.

This *should not" have happened.  You bought the addon, it should be refunded, whether they thought you need it or not.

@Alan_K, why would this happen?

Thank you. Good summary. The situation is baffling to me. Still no mod response but hopefully they can rectify. Feel a bit icky thinking that someone on the mod/admin side could make changes to an incorrect account.

@mh1983  When did you make the plan change?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

You did buy and activate the 500 minutes, but for whatever reason, someone refunded to leave a $5 credit.  On your renewal, the $5 was used, plus your rewards, and a small AutoPay top-up.

Your current balance should be $0 (ie the credit is not there).  It was used to make your payment.

This *should not" have happened.  You bought the addon, it should be refunded, whether they thought you need it or not.

My guess is someone didn't want the add-on, perhaps really wanting a roaming add-on, and asked for a credit. Then a mod perhaps did that to the wrong account.

@mh1983 wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mh1983 wrote:

That is a puzzler. When I first got it and then ran out of the 50 minutes, it went to the 200 add-on..not the 500. They fixed it by removing it and re-adding it making it look like a new purchase. But that's not what happened here.

hmm

mh1983

@missorange wrote:

the add on should be upload the fund first, then purchase, it is two steps. Make sure you purchased the add on successfully.

I did, @missorange . It was previously in my account and I went through the 2 step process. Otherwise it wouldn't have appeared in my transaction history.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

the add on should be upload the fund first, then purchase, it is two steps. Make sure you purchased the add on successfully.

mh1983

@mh1983 wrote:

Looking at my transaction history more closely, seems the add-on got refunded, even though I didn't request that. 

transaction-history.png

I'd like to add it back, but not if something is wrong with my account or the system. 

mh1983

Looking at my transaction history more closely, seems the add-on got refunded, even though I didn't request that. 

transaction-history.png

I'd like to add it back, but not if something is wrong with my account or the system. 

Need Help? Let's chat.