cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivating the number temporarily and then active again

duferdous
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

If anyone can help me regarding this query. I am leaving for vacation (outside Canada) for 20 days and I have already paid my monthly plan fee (30$ for 30 days with 500 MB data) on last 27 November. Now is that possible to temporarily deactive or hold my line for those 20 days starting from 7 Dec? And in this case will Public Mobile refund me back my unused amount in my account? Please note that I will come back in Canada again on 21 Dec so I want to turn my line on that day.

Please suggest

Thanks

Ferdous

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@Anonymous, why do you always recommend switching to the $10 plan for this?  If someone is on a great plan that is no longer around, they will not be able to switch back!

The 90-day suspension is always available once the current cycle has expired, as long as AutoPay is disabled, and any available funds are not greater than the cost of the current plan.  Users wishing to suspend service for up to 90 days, will have to re-activate (suggested prior to day 90) their plan by adding funds to keep their plan, and phone number.

You're right of course. Thanks. I should have clued on the 3 months part from the OP.

The advantage of using the lost/stolen is that you don't have to worry about available funds or autopay. It just suspends.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bbtears  this is my goto reference guide on the topic.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

since you are away for about 3 months.  let your plan expire and renew it around day 85 or before you return.  much  depends when your current plan expires in relation to when you leave.

@Anonymous, why do you always recommend switching to the $10 plan for this?  If someone is on a great plan that is no longer around, they will not be able to switch back!

The 90-day suspension is always available once the current cycle has expired, as long as AutoPay is disabled, and any available funds are not greater than the cost of the current plan.  Users wishing to suspend service for up to 90 days, will have to re-activate (suggested prior to day 90) their plan by adding funds to keep their plan, and phone number.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@bbtears wrote:

Well I am leaving for about 3 months then coming back so can you let me know the solution?

Read this thread you found your way into. Oh alright.

When's your renewal? If very soon then do an immediate plan change to the $10 plan. Then use the lost/stolen feature to suspend your service. About say 85 days later, use the lost/stolen feature to resume your service. If you have Available Funds or autopay it'll renew your service and be ready for your return.

Don't go over 90 days. You lose the service and your phone number.

bbtears
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Well I am leaving for about 3 months then coming back so can you let me know the solution?

popping

@duferdous

It is too late to do anything after your renewal on Nov 27. 

If you asked the same question before Nov 27, your solution is change your plan to $10 50/50 plan on Nov 27 and use your 50 minutes, 50 outgoing texts and wifi for data until Dec 7.  Also schedule another plan change to the Dec 27 renewal back to your $30 plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@duferdous wrote:

Hello,

If anyone can help me regarding this query. I am leaving for vacation (outside Canada) for 20 days and I have already paid my monthly plan fee (30$ for 30 days with 500 MB data) on last 27 November. Now is that possible to temporarily deactive or hold my line for those 20 days starting from 7 Dec? And in this case will Public Mobile refund me back my unused amount in my account? Please note that I will come back in Canada again on 21 Dec so I want to turn my line on that day.

Please suggest

Thanks

Ferdous

There's a kind of "deactivation" possible but it would only be useful if you were gone between a day and less than upwards to 120 days. Depending on your renewal day. I won't get in to the details because it's not relevant to your situation.

So as above...no and no.

popping

@duferdous

PM plans are prepaid plans.  There is no refund for prepaid plan in Canada.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@duferdous wrote:

Hello,

Please suggest

Thanks

Ferdous

There is no way to "pause"  your plan. As a prepaid service there are no refunds or pro-rating of servics not used.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.