cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sending pictures/images to cell phones except i-phones.

DL66
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello everyone, I have lost the ability to send pictures/images to any other phone except an i-phone. I have tried switching sim cards to newer phone, updated my phone, and still have this issue. Could this be a phone plan issue. I'm on a 3G plan.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

DL66
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello all, my wife and I figured it out. I have to turn off my Wi-Fi and make the phone use my data. I'm upgrading from my amazing 1st gen i-phone SE so I should be good. Then I'm going to a different plan to get my monthly bill back down to close to what I had before the scam of points system. Thank you for all the tips and support, I'm sticking with Public Mobile for now. Not because of them, but because of their great community that helps guys like me who are not electronically savvy.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DL66  Ensure in phone settings “messages” you have send SMS on aswell as the iMessage . Then you will be able to send to android phones also 

Handy1_0-1715554466967.png

@DL66 wrote:

Hello everyone, I have lost the ability to send pictures/images to any other phone except an i-phone. I have tried switching sim cards to newer phone, updated my phone, and still have this issue. Could this be a phone plan issue. I'm on a 3G plan.

Being on a 3g plan makes no difference.  Check on your iPhone that SMS/MMS are enabled.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DL66 , you probably have iMessage set as the default.  Those with android devices cannot communicate with iMessages.  

Need Help? Let's chat.