cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Dis. call from HongKong

davidHu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need roaming service in Hongkong, which "add-on" should I choose? I have international long dis. min. but not sure if I can use there.

thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

davidHu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

HI @davidHu 

At this time you can only roam in the United States. You will need to purchase a SIM card from a local service out there.

What I can recommend is you download an app called TextNow. Pick a local number where you live now. Then when you're down in China, you can either purchase a data SIM card out there or just use WiFi depending on where you're staying.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@davidHu wrote:

I need roaming service in Hongkong, which "add-on" should I choose? I have international long dis. min. but not sure if I can use there.

thanks.

There is no roaming service in Hongkong.  PM only have roaming service while in the US.  THe international calling addon is only for when you are making calls from Canada to the Countries listed in that particular addon

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@davidHu 

Public Mobile service only works in Canada and in the US (with a roaming add-on or Can/US plan). You will need to look into a local prepaid sim or a travel eSIM in order to get service while in Hong Kong. 

Look into Airalo or Nomad. Those two have been recommended before. Not 100% sure all the destinations they support though. 

Need Help? Let's chat.