cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out after credit card number changed

PMisterrible41
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card company issued me a new card a day before Public Mobile tried to process the monthly subscription fee. It bounced before I could change it.  I cannot log it. I do have an Eversafe ID and have completed two factor authentication a number of times but still cannot log in. I changed browsers. Same result.  I cannot log a ticket without logging in. Chat will not allow me to communicate with a real person, directing me to log a ticket (which is impossible).  It sends me a link to log a ticket and when I click the link I get the message "OOPS! WE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR PROCESSING YOUR REQUEST.
This may be due to a system error, please go back to the previous page and try again. (Error Code: XXX)".  Other threads in the Chat feature suggest that I forget about my account and set up a new account. I don't want to do that. If I even try, I am sure that I will get a message indicating that there is already an account with this phone number. How to I get this fixed so I can register my new credit card? 

10 REPLIES 10

@PMisterrible41  Use this direct link to support 

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Right. But if you dial 611, what does it tell you? Is there an account there? If so, then using a voucher will activate it again. 

PMisterrible41

I did that already. I dialled 611, inserted the voucher number. It said I have an $11 credit. Still...nothing. 

PMisterrible41

This is what I get when I log into the app using my four year old account.38693.jpg

PMisterrible41

When I try to log a ticket, I get a 404 error. I have used an incognito window, a new browser and cleared the cache. 

PMisterrible41

Thanks for the feedback. The problem is that when I log in, it wants me to activate an account.  It does not show my subscription cycle or any other prior information. I am being asked to activate a new account although it greets me by name. SO aggravating.  

PMisterrible41

I was able to log in and got a message "LET’S COMPLETE YOUR ACTIVATION." It is as though there was no prior account. I have subscribed for four years. There is no record of my account very suddenly. This is the most awful system.

@PMisterrible41 LOL yes unfortunately you just need to wait for their reply keeping a say on your community in box for the response . Usually reply with in the hour , that said some have reported waiting up to two days . But you can use this link to the in box to monitor for supports  reply 

PMisterrible41

Thank you Handy.  I have been waiting for hours already. It is like it used to be in 1996. This is so terrible.  I sent a private message. Now do I just wait for more hours? I have done nothing wrong and I am being locked out for a day. I have not been able to receive calls all day. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@PMisterrible41  Wait a full hour and try again incognito private mode or try the app instead , if still no luck ask support to update that credit card for you 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.