cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Whenever I launch PM on my laptop, it says my location is ON. When I change it to BC, it'll stay there ...until I close out browser. When I relaunch PM later, it's back to ON.

It's a small thing, but I kinda think it should know I'm in BC as that's where I declared my location when I initially activated my account.

Is ON the default start-up location or have I missed clicking another button somewhere ?

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Good job! That's better now isn't it?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

@hairbag1 wrote:

Whenever I launch PM on my laptop, it says my location is ON. When I change it to BC, it'll stay there ...until I close out browser. When I relaunch PM later, it's back to ON.

It's a small thing, but I kinda think it should know I'm in BC as that's where I declared my location when I initially activated my account.

Is ON the default start-up location or have I missed clicking another button somewhere ?

This isn't really a Public Mobile issue in the sense that this based on the IP address of your connection. Public Mobile doesn't control that and the database about location can be out-of-date or your internet connection can be routed in less that ideal ways.  

Lol I'm in the exact same boat, and PM isn't the only website that has put me in BC location wise either 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Ha, ha good one. I got the same but opposite! I am in ON but site says BC.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @hairbag1 I think the map for PM is upside down.

I am in ON , but i launch PM, it shows BC LoL

for you , my BC friends,  maybe bookmark tihs: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@hairbag1 

It happens to me too and I am in BC too.

Need Help? Let's chat.