cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landline to Cell transfer - Get calls from both phones.

suzy_9911
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm coming from Xplornet home phone and transferred my number to Public Mobile 2 weeks ago. Since day one, my home phone will get calls from specific people (or carriers seemingly) and others will be redirected to my cell. I unplugged the landline to see if it would ring to the cell but it goes to voicemail right away. I don't know what I could even try. I restarted the cell. My situation is probably unique that the landline account name was under my X daughter-in-law though my name is a secondary authorized person and I'm still living at the address on the bill. I read somewhere saying the main person may get a notification regarding an account change. I'm sure she would have contacted me regarding this as my son and her didn't end on bad terms.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

@Yummy  @Meow I don't think there is issue with authorization code for landland and VoIP.  There have been many people porting from those (eg. Bell landland, Fongo, etc) without issue. The process will be slightly different (that's also why it takes longer)

OP should call the porting team and they will advise if any authorization is missed. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

For example if you port 905-606-xxxx that might be a problem because that number is Bell's number and companies sending authentication codes to MOBILE phones will not be able to do it.

For example 647-852-xxxx is REAL mobile phone and it is able to accept codes by SMS and voice.

Please note: if you ported REAL land line, some authorization codes will not be able to be send to your cell phone.

From experience, for such authorization codes you require real mobile number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@suzy_9911 

Porting from landline could take 5 to 7 business days and sometime 10 days depend on the complexity.   If you have waited a full 2 weeks, it definitely time to call PM to get an update as @esjliv  advised.  

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@suzy_9911 wrote:

I'm coming from Xplornet home phone and transferred my number to Public Mobile 2 weeks ago. Since day one, my home phone will get calls from specific people (or carriers seemingly) and others will be redirected to my cell. I unplugged the landline to see if it would ring to the cell but it goes to voicemail right away. I don't know what I could even try. I restarted the cell. My situation is probably unique that the landline account name was under my X daughter-in-law though my name is a secondary authorized person and I'm still living at the address on the bill. I read somewhere saying the main person may get a notification regarding an account change. I'm sure she would have contacted me regarding this as my son and her didn't end on bad terms.

Any ideas?

Hello @suzy_9911 

Landline phone numbers to cell number DO take longer to complete the port. But 2 weeks seems a bit lengthy.

Incoming calls to the cell are usually the last to port over.

Call the Porting Team at (Private Messaged phone number) to assist you, and check if all is still in normal regular porting process procedure.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.