cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public SIM in iPhone 6 , calls, texting and data not working

SolangeDuflot
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This SIM card doesn’t work on my other iPhone either. So maybe it’s a defective SIM? I tried turning off the phone, airplane mode, Do need to change the IPN? My account is active and I chose a new phone #. Please help! 

21 REPLIES 21

@SolangeDuflot wrote:

It says no service 

Hello @SolangeDuflot ,

Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

Also, just to make sure..check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

@SolangeDuflot  if that is the case , it is possible there was problem with provisioning of your new account.

I think it is time to open a ticket with PM Customer Support Agent and ask them to confirm

Please use the Chatbot on the lower right to open a ticket

Start by Typing: Activation Error

click on Activation finished but line not working

clck on NO

Click on Still not working

Click on click here to submit a ticket

follow the rest of the step.

After ticket is open, keep checking the Community inbox (envelope on the upper right corner).   CS Agent will work via your via messaging you there.

@SolangeDuflot  "No service" with an unlocked iPhone means the SIM is not activated. Think you will need the CSAs to check what has happened. 

To obtain a support ticket, click on https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CSAs, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SolangeDuflot

No data, cannot make a call. No screen showing public mobile on top

SolangeDuflot

It says no service 

@SolangeDuflot  is outgoing calls working?  How about Data?

Do you see your screen showing Public Mobile on top?  How about the Signal bar?

You worry you might have messed up getting new number or transfer old number from previous provider.  Try making outgoing call, if it works, then check from the receiving party's call display and you can tell the phone number.  

If it is showing your old number, then it likely is a "stuck" porting and we can advise what to do after.

@SolangeDuflot  Some additional tests/questions:

1. with the PM SIM installed reboot your phone and tell us what message you see
  2. put your old SIM back into the phone and see if it still works 
  3. do you want to transfer your old number to PM or take a new number?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

SolangeDuflot

4 hours ago

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SolangeDuflot : But your data and outgoing should have worked at that time. I'm not sure it's that if you successfully completed the Change Number function. But I was hoping for an Apple person to come along. It was either that or the above post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SolangeDuflot 

Only one way to solve your issue , explanation to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

and the are nice service Team the will help you 100%. and the will fix it for Transferring old your number,

you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Service by CS_Agent, will Response by private message to you inbox
     Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

SolangeDuflot

That could be the confusion. I did try to port my old number but then decided to just go with a new phine#. Maybe I messed things up when I did that 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SolangeDuflot : Just as a technicality...everything about your account is attached to the SIM...not the phone. The SIM interfaces with your phone and uses its radios to do the communications.

You said at first that you chose a new #. Now you're saying you tried to transfer. I wonder that now your account is in a bit of confusion.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SolangeDuflot 

are used a new phone number or !

Make sure that you have the old sim card in your phone when you're porting your phone. You should get a message from your old carrier asking to confirm if you would like to port your number. Your reply should be: YES.

The confirmation message can take a few minutes to come in. You have 90 minutes from the time of request.

SolangeDuflot

Originally I tried transferring my old # to this phone but then I decided to just ask for a new phone #. The SIM # I entered is correct. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SolangeDuflot wrote:

I’m not sure what that means. Can you please explain a bit more…

@SolangeDuflot 

when you did a new Activate you getting a new phone number or Transferring your old phone number.

exr8dcanadian

Did you wait for the text to confirm transferring your number? This would have happened with your old SIM from your previous provider. If not, put your old SIM card in your phone, restart it. Then it should give you a text asking to restart the port, reply Y or YES, whatever they ask. You’ll get another text saying it’s confirmed. When you get this put your new SIM in, restart the phone and you should be good after 5 min

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SolangeDuflot : You said you picked a new number. It's only 4 numbers but can you check the last 4 digits of your SIM from the Change SIM function. Maybe you typed it in wrong but gave it a valid number.

Maybe we can hear from some Apple folks before we send you off to the customer support people.

SolangeDuflot

I’m not sure what that means. Can you please explain a bit more…

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SolangeDuflot 

you getting a new number or porting !

SolangeDuflot

I did! I activated new SIM, chose a plan, gave my credit card #, chose a phone #… my account says it’s active. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SolangeDuflot : Can we assume you successfully completed the whole activation process for Public Mobile? Or did you simply put the SIM in a phone?

I know...dumb...but these things need to be asked.

Need Help? Let's chat.