cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOST PHONE

rob24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This is just stupid here...... HOW DO I REGISTER MY NEW PHONE?

9 REPLIES 9

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rob24 

simmm.jpg

HI @rob24  Login My Account once more, go to Profile, and check the sim card number, is this still the old one there? or new one?

@rob24 wrote:

I'm not that new I bought a new Sim card HOW DO YOU GET THE NEW PHONE TO WORK AFTER I EVEN PUT IN THE NEW SIM CARD CODE ON HERE STILL NOTHING WORKS ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE Idiots are going to Lose Customers over these SIMPLE PROBLEMS.

@rob24 - does your new SIM card number match the SIM card number showing in your My Account?

If yes, then a restart should get services working again. UNLESS, your account is suspended for nonpayment. Then you will need to make a manual payment and reactivate your account.

If your account is active, and you swapped the sim card number correctly on your My Account, then submit a ticket with CSA via methods already provided above.

Did you log in to your account and use the change sim function?

@rob24   so, you updated your sim card via My Account?  did you use a mobile device to do it?

there is a little glitch using mobile device to make sim card change, please use a computer (desktop or laptop) to make the change sim request.  You can first go to My account using the computer to confirm if the sim card number shown is the new one, if not, make the change,.

If it is the new one already, then reboot your phone once, try Reset all networks.  And if that does not work, your last resource is to open ticket with support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

rob24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not that new I bought a new Sim card HOW DO YOU GET THE NEW PHONE TO WORK AFTER I EVEN PUT IN THE NEW SIM CARD CODE ON HERE STILL NOTHING WORKS ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE Idiots are going to Lose Customers over these SIMPLE PROBLEMS.

@hairbag1 - unless I read the OP's post incorrectly, I think the lost phone would have the lost sim card inside? But, if I am mistaken, and they have the old sim card...than yes @rob24 see hairbag's post. 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@rob24 - you have a new SIM card to replace the lost one now? If so, you can log in to My Account and swap the sim card number there.

See "How To Change Your SIM Card" in this Help Article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-sim-number

Ensure you remove the lost/stolen feature, if you had that on. 

If issues with your My Account, click here to request a SIM Swap with the Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA): Submit ticket for a SIM SWAP

Or, if issues with Chatbot, contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a PRIVATE MESSAGE to start a ticket to them here: Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rob24 

remove sim from old phone and install it in new phone...BAM...you're in business again.

Need Help? Let's chat.