cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kids smart watch

RoSilva
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I buy a nano sim card and activate a plan for a kids 4G Smart watch with GPS tracking? Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@RoSilva 

As far as the description goes for both of these watches they only specify 4G compatibility. In order for voice calls to work the watch would also need 3G. Without 3G compatibility they would only work for data with Public Mobile.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

Based on the Q and A, the watch worked on Koodo and so it should work with Public Mobile.  If you are already a customer, you could try with your SIM card.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I do not see reason why not?

You will have to open PM account and activate SIM. How that watch provides GPS tracking? Using data?

PM does not have data only plan so you be using 1/3 of PM features (data only and no phone/SMS).

If watch uses a lot of data for tracking and communicating location it might be costly...

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Many providers have a data only plan for things like a smart watch or tablet, etc. PM doesn't have those same sort of options. I guess if it is a nano sim you could potentially go that route but may become somewhat costly as data may run out fairly quickly

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Do you know the exact make and model? Or a link to the technical specifications?

Need Help? Let's chat.