cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just transfered my number from bell and having issues with cellular connection displayed

Giancarlo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I transfered over from bell and installed an esim from public but the cellular connection show "...." in the status bar and not 5g+ on an iphone 13 Pro.

I reset the network but that did not help and also updated the iOS to the lastest version but nothing.

Turned airplane mode on and off

Restarted the phone

None of these helped.   Anyone have ideas?

11 REPLIES 11

Giancarlo

So I ordered a physical SIM and installed it and now everything works fine.  So beware iphone users that SIM option is better when porting over or if you experience the same issues I had a SIM is the best.

hi @Daniela64 

you tried Reset Network Settings?? 

since you have the sms send problem, check with PM support agent and they might need to refresh your profile 

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  

Daniela64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Sorry, I didn't realize it but I cannot send text messages.  I can receive but not send.

So for eSIM profiles on iPhone there is not setting for that only Connect at 5G or greater which I have changed.

Thank you

@Daniela64   Can't submit a ticket there is some sort of issue with their form????

Assuming you are trying the chatbot, if it's not working for you you can send a private message to customer support using the second link @softech gave you earlier

Giancarlo

@softech 

Thanks for your help, I have submitted a ticket.  I'll have to wait and see.

P.S. the only profile setting there is to connect at 5g speed or higher which I have selected.

Daniela64

Can't submit a ticket there is some sort of issue with their form????

@Daniela64 / @Giancarlo 

to update Carrier Profile :

Settings > General > About.,  Follow the onscreen instructions to install your carrier update.

To set, or confirm, 5G Auto/5G On/4G:

Choose Cellular. Choose Cellular Data Options. Choose Voice & Data.

Daniela64

is 5G Auto 5G On options as network mode?

No such setting for eSIM settings.

How do you update the carrier profile as it does not show up in the eSIM settings.

Also I am thinking maybe to order a real SIM as this may be the issue.

@Daniela64 / @Giancarlo ,

eSIM would not and should not stop you from updating Carrier Profile (this is needed) and setting 5G On or %G auto on the line

It could be some issues with the activation, you probably need PM support to confirm the settings with your account on the system and might require re-provision, please open ticket with PM support:

1. Open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html
    Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", then "Other", then "Log In", finally click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗
2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there    

Daniela64

but you were able to use the phone to make calls and receive calls?

Yes, phone can make and take calls and send SMS and use Data.

you said it didn't show 5G+, but is 5G Auto 5G On options as network mode?

That option is not available for eSIM on iphone but there is a mode 5g or greater.

Update Carrier Profile first and then click Reset Network Settings again

Yeah, can't do that either with eSIM.

Not really sure why I see the "...." where the network connect speed should be?   I think I may have to remove the eSIM and reinstall it?  But not sure about that.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Giancarlo 

but you were able to use the phone to make calls and receive calls?

you said it didn't show 5G+, but is 5G Auto 5G On options as network mode?

Update Carrier Profile first and then click Reset Network Settings again

Need Help? Let's chat.