cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining the list of ppl who are experiencing dropped calls

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Been a customer for 2-3 months now and I travel all over Ontario (401 corridor) and experience frequent dropped calls.  Some times I can be talking for an hr, some times it can be 10 mins, call drops.

I am using a Samsung A71 and everything else works fine.  Can text, use data, etc but phone calls seem to be PM's kryptonyte.  I am manually selected to PM vs automatic and have rebooted the phone.  Is there specific network settings we are supposed to use as I haven't touched that?

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10

kcorscadden

@Dunkman 

I just submitted a ticket to see if there is anything they can do.  I am enjoying PM, but if the service isn't reliable, then the savings doesn't make it worthwhile

@kcorscadden wrote:

@Dunkman 

I don't see a way to manually select LTE/4G as when I go into Network Mode I see all the options available but they all say (auto connect) beside the names.  LTE/WCDMA/GSM is selected

Each phone model has slightly different settings for network.  

The should be the right selection. 

It should not be an APN issue.  APN is important for data, not calling issues.  

Might want to try to contact CSA as directed.  

kcorscadden

@fixin1 

All the settings are correct

kcorscadden

@Dunkman 

I don't see a way to manually select LTE/4G as when I go into Network Mode I see all the options available but they all say (auto connect) beside the names.  LTE/WCDMA/GSM is selected

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kcorscadden - The APN seems correct, does it have this?

Pasted from help article: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

1. Make sure your phone is unlocked. If it’s not, contact your previous wireless provider
  2. Check that your device is compatible on our network; for more information check out this article
  3. To access 5G network speeds, ensure you have a compatible phone, your phone’s software is up-to-date and you are connected to the Public Mobile 5G network where available.

Next, check your APN settings (Android Phones Only):

1. Open your phone’s settings and tap:
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN settings
  1. Verify the following field match:
  1. If you had to make any changes, save them, reboot your phone, and you’re good to go! Make sure to enable data in your phone settings

kcorscadden

@HALIMACS 

Honestly, the frequency is too hard to tell if it's in the vicinity.  It seems like Napanee, Ontario is where some of the calls drop.  Not sure if it's a hand off from one tower to another that is the issue.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@kcorscadden 

Public mobile is aware of the issue and working on a fix.  Looks like even Koodo customers are experiencing similar issues.  Not sure if a Telus network issue. 

Some customers have manually selected LTE/4G as network (instead of Auto) and that seemed to work better.  If that does not work, contacting customer service agent to refresh your account on the backend also works. 

kcorscadden

@fixin1 

Is there a specific network setting that I should be using?

I am on APN: sb.mb.com 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@kcorscadden 

Does the dropping of calls tend to occur in the same vicinity?  There are definitely 'dead' spots even within some major centres/roadways.

Try resetting your network connections.

You may also wish to ask customer support to re-provision your service/account/SIM.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@kcorscadden - Have you tried forcing 3G / HSPA / UTMS? 3G can still make calls and use data and text, so the 401 must have too many circuits used / people calling.

Maybe try resetting network settings ** You will lose all saved Wi-Fi connections to the device & saved BlueTooth connections that you added in the BlueTooth settings **

If nothing works, please contact CS_Agent:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714568749109.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.