cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot cancel account...

SAM60559
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I attempted unsuccessfully to submit a ticket because I get an error message:

I subscribed to monthly payments prior to completing activation of my new account.  Due to technical issues that cannot be resolved by PM, I will not be porting my number over, therefore will not be completing the activation process.  HOWEVER, I cannot cancel my monthly subscription until I'm activated, and I can't submit a ticket due to error message preventing me from doing so.  

How do I cancel my account/monthly subscription?

11 REPLIES 11

ErynsYoga

That is exactly how I feel... how can I just forget public mobile and go back to Rogers!!

ErynsYoga

I didn't even get a SIM card, and yet I'm paying for a monthly subscription. 3 months now! And I can't reach an agent to help me!!

ErynsYoga

I'm having the same experience. Public Mobile is charging me monthly, without ever sending a SIM card. Now they're sending this confirmation code to some totally unknown phone number! So I cannot get in and I can't cancel and I'm paying two phone bills now. This was such a huge mistake. 

SAM60559

You are correct: No phone number yet, account has not been activated, cannot make a call with it.  I WAS charged however.  That said I was able to contact a CS Agent based on @hTideGnow information within this thread, and it does look they are willing to send my request to the payments department to reverse the charge.  They say it can take up to 30 days.  I just sent a message confirming that there wont be further charges, and that the account will be cancelled.  I'm waiting on the reply to that message, but so far, thanks to everyone's helpful information within this thread, and the CS Agent I'm speaking to, things are headed in a positive direction.  Thank you so much 👍

Interesting. So to me, if you haven't received a phone number yet, it means the account hasn't been activated yet. Have you tried making a call with it? If you can't make a call, it means the account hasn't been activated yet and you shouldn't have been charged. If you HAVE been charged, I hate to say it, but that little bubble in the bottom right corner is how you reach a CS Agent. Type Contact CS Agent. Then follow the prompts. Just know, there may be a several day wait as this current sticky wicket they placed themselves in may be overwhelming the time it takes to return messages. If you haven't heard back within 72 hours, try again, if you haven't heard back again within 72 hours, take screen shots of both attempts and reach out to your credit card company and ask for the fee to be reversed. Just know you may not be able to use your credit card with Public Mobile for a year. 

SAM60559

I don't believe I have a temporary number from Public Mobile, and I do not know if the SIM card was activated.  What I do know, is that when I put the sim card in my phone and check the phone details within the phone settings, the phone number shows as "unknown".

Just to make sure I'm understanding. You started to sign up with Public Mobile, and you haven't ported over number yet. Question. Do you have a temporary number from Public Mobile yet? Have you activated your SIM card?

SAM60559

No I cannot access any of the above you described.  My only option is to "continue activation".  I do not want to port my number to Public mobile, only to port it back again to my original carrier.  Given the technical issues I have already had, I'm definitely not putting my phone number in jeopardy.  My number is currently safe with my current provider.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @SAM60559 

Are you able to log into your account online? If so, you can go to PAYMENTS on your left side.

Chalupa_Batman_0-1710110094701.png

Then on your right side you'll see Manage Subscription.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1710110125703.png

Click on it. Then the next screen you'll see this.

Chalupa_Batman_2-1710110159009.png

Turn the toggle to the left. That turns off auto pay. This will also close your account. I know you said you're not porting your number, however, porting also closes the account.

SAM60559

Thank you, I just sent a message so hopefully that will help me in the right direction.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @SAM60559 

i assume you cannot open ticket with Chatbot.  Then, the easiest way to get agent to help to cancel is to open ticket by message: 
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.