cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a limit on how many friends we can refer?

SallyHao
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

As described in the subject, I wonder is there a limit on how many friends we can refer? Or, is there a limit on how many reward points we can earn each month?

30 REPLIES 30

Yes @hycm53 , I'm sure.   There is no limit to how many referrals one can make. 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I didn't know about the 110 limit before, so TIL! Hope I get there one day lol

Missed the chance to get more referrals when the $40/15gb plan first came out, then Black Friday happened...🥲

Gotta put in effort on the next wave of new signups, whenever that might be, hopefully Boxing day? 

@HALIMACS wrote:

There's no limit @SallyHao 

Refer away!!!

Are you sure? For instance, my plan is $25, I have $2 reward for auto pay, $3 reward for royalty (I think is up to $5 reward) and $10 for friends refer, so I only pay $10 for my plan. If I can refer 10 friends more, I would pay $0 for my plan. Is it possible?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

Hello everyone:

The first rule of Fight Club is: you do not talk about Fight Club

The first rule of the Old Rewards Maximum is: you do not talk about the Old Rewards Maximum

@CountyDownIeUk- Allouette River!? I wouldn't want to fall off the board in that water. brr

SallyHao

The only reason I want to save points first is because they have the 3x points back offer for the first 12 months... I'm not predicting myself to change phone plan with other providers in the near future, as long as PM does not close service

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @CountyDownIeUk   you are more aggressive.. you try to steal business from Bell.. LoL

I had Bell mobile  at work but worked with a intermediary, and on my own had a Bell satellite dish and a Bell mobile contract when I retired.  What I think of Bell I could not post it here. So, yes I do stand outside of Bell.  😉😉

@SallyHao   I am pretty sure you can redeem multiple

but not save up too much... see so many posts that people decide to jump ship , but still have unused rewards.

@dust2dust wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk- You get sun in Pitt Meadows? 🙂

Lol.   Don’t you like our local cranberries and best ever blue berries? And paddle boarding on Allouette River?

SallyHao

I have not bought the $15 lower your bill credit with my points since I want to accumulate points first. But I'm wondering if I could exchange for this credit multiple times per cycle if I have enough points in my account later on...

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

If you are on points. I assume you can apply for numerous “15 points” and goes to your balance?? to pay for a plan that is higher than $15? Hopefully a points customer can tell us. It’s an extra step but  a referral is still a buck. 

AFF5F33D-D689-451F-9659-2391F875B8DE.jpegBA8F827D-4A22-4255-86D9-72DE8FF12383.jpeg

@CountyDownIeUk- You get sun in Pitt Meadows? 🙂

HI @CountyDownIeUk   you are more aggressive.. you try to steal business from Bell.. LoL

I stand out side the BELL store then the Telus Koodo store in Pitt Meadows. What ever side is sunny. 

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

It's always a good idea to start with the people you know like family, friends, other students and coworkers.

That's a good start ☺️.  Then explore any social network or social media like Facebook etc.

Several regulars and lurkers here cheat and give new customers their referral code before doing the proper way of being asked for one first. There are sites out there that you can "market" your code and maybe someone stumbles across it and uses it. Or people make their own site to market it. Or have a bit of a business selling sims and helping people and getting referrals from those new customers.

You can darn well bet though that those with many many referrals don't know the vast majority of their referrals personally.

SallyHao

Ahhh... I guess that's no longer an option for me....😢

@SallyHao 

As per @computergeek541 110 per account per 30 days. 

On old $ rewards that equates to $110 plus community credits plus loyalty credits.  In other words total max $135 every 30 days. So $135 minus $60 plan leaves a $75 build up in your balance. So no account holder intervention to assign funds to pay  for your 30 day cycle plan billing. 

What it does on the points rewards, I have no idea. 

HI @SallyHao   when PM still can be activated in kiosk, we stand there and give out our friend code whenever we see someone activating PM 😅🤣

SallyHao

That is so surprising to know! I wonder where did you guys find so many friends to refer.... 

@SallyHao 

Yes, there's a lot of us here with a $0 bill!

SallyHao

Oh wow, I see. I'm not even paying that much per month... Does it mean that someone can even become payment free if they have referred enough people? 😂

@SallyHao   it is per cycle.  So, you can have a maximum of 110 friend in PM  🙂

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

It's $110 per 30 day month period.

SallyHao

Is the $110 limit you mentioned per month or per year? If per year, does it mean no more than ten friends can be referred to get the points?

@SallyHao wrote:

As described in the subject, I wonder is there a limit on how many friends we can refer? Or, is there a limit on how many reward points we can earn each month?

I can't speak specifically about the newer points system, but while customers can refer as new customers as they wish, those on the old rewards program can't receive more than a $110 refer-a-friend credit if on a 30-day plan.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

There's a maximum limit of 110 per account for the regular refer a friend rewards but your only allowed only one of those special $5 x 5 referral credits.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao hi there is no limit but only one 5 x 5 credit per promotional period 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

There's no limit @SallyHao 

Refer away!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.