cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is a refund possible

edkust
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded to a 4g plan for my Florida trip to get talk since my original plan was only 3G and Florida no longer had 3G. Talk was important to me and the main reason for upgrading and buying roaming talk and data. I was never able to make the talk calls work. I tried to set my iPhone to 2g as the community told me to try that, but my iPhone 8 did not have that option. I also tried to enable VOLTE since that was another suggested solution but that option, which was on my phone failed to work, so for my 17 days in the US both on the road and in Florida I was unable to make any calls. Since I upgraded in order to get that service and did not get it, is there a way for me get a refund? I spent on an upgraded 4g package to get for the 4g plan and I also spent twice on roaming so I would at least have texting capabilities to keep in touch with family members while on vacation, but talk calls never worked anywhere in the US. How can I apply for a refund?

3 REPLIES 3

drsiha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For US roaming, it doesn't matter if you are on a 3G or 4G plan. All you need is to purchase a US roaming add-on.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@edkust 

You will need to contact customer service agent for possible refund.  

Submit a ticket for CSA help.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/chatbot

Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

Once VoTE is available to all customers, USA roaming should be better.  

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You can log a ticket and try, for sure. 

It's too bad you upgraded to a 4G plan for this purpose alone, because it wasn't needed. Even the 3G plans have access to the same LTE network, just with throttled "3G" speeds. The talk/VoLTE situation has nothing to do with 4G plans. 

Need Help? Let's chat.