cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Samsung Galaxy A25 International Version compatible with Public Mobile?

ReemaM
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy A25 5G I 6GB 128GB I International Version. Unfortunately it is not compatible with my current provider Freedom Mobile. Strangely it worked for one month and then stopped being able to pick up the bands and then they told me it is not compatible. Is this device compatible with Public Mobile? If so, I will switch to Public Mobile.

10 REPLIES 10

@ReemaM wrote:

I bought it from amazon.ca and it mentioned "Unlocked." I assumed it would work.

Model name is SM-A256E/DSN

I would recommend using a different phone on Public Mobile.  Being a version that was sold elsewhere, chances are high that Public Mobile won't allow this phone to use VoLTE.

@ReemaM 

oh, you haven't tried on PM yet.  Yes, some international version is known that won't work for Freedom.    I remember buy another international version, the sales told us that it won't work for Freedom but will work with all other mobile providers, so it is not unusual that Freedom has more trouble with international devices

But your phone will work for PM.   Of course, you can try it before you join 🙂

ReemaM

Thanks, the device is clean. I have not yet checked with any other sim card because I do not have them. I may need to visit an actual store.

remember Telus or Koodo does not support PM service.  But when you go to the kiosk, you can tell the sales if they can show you the Koodo or Telus sim works on your phone, you will consider to switch.  Trust me, the sales will love to test for you 

ReemaM

Thanks, maybe I will need to walk into a kiosk and ask them to check.

hi @ReemaM 

according to this , your phone has all the bands PM needs

https://www.frequencycheck.com/models/OMP6R/samsung-sm-a256e-dsn-galaxy-a25-5g-2024-premium-edition-...

But did you check if the phone is blacklisted?

also , test the phone with another sim card, Koodo or Telus and see if it works.  Also test with a Rogers or Bell sim card if possible

ReemaM

I bought it from amazon.ca and it mentioned "Unlocked." I assumed it would work.

Model name is SM-A256E/DSN

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ReemaM 

A25 has all the bands needed for PM.    I know it is the international version, but what exact model number? Check the settings-> About screen for the model number

did you check with a Koodo and Telus sim and see if it works?

and did you buy via private sell or market place? check if the phone is clean here

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

slusagm
Mayor / Maire

it should work from what I see.  It has many bands on 4G and 3G and 5G as well

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ReemaM  Since freedom has roaming in more country’s then Public mobile does . Which is only the U.S. if the phone wasn’t bought in Canada my guess is it won’t work here either 

adding if you know someone in public mobile maybe you can test their sim card in the phone to know for certain @ReemaM 

Need Help? Let's chat.