cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Public Mobile waiving data overage fees for Hurricane Fiona affected clients like Telus?

pxa006622
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Telus owns Public Mobile, and they (along with Bell, Virgin, and Koodo etc.) have announced they're waiving data overage fees for Telus clients in Eastern Canada affected by Hurricane Fiona's wrath.

https://twitter.com/TELUS/status/1573784079035670537?t=DvM_33mgmoL6bvgHF7rBlA&s=19

Does this include Public Mobile customers? If not, is Public Mobile going to do the same on its own?

8 REPLIES 8

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@pxa006622 

Not sure whether you got the text from Public mobile

Use promo code 2GBFiona  for free 2GB data add on. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

If I read it correctly,  none of the Tier 3 prepaid providers , PM/Chatr/Lucky, are all doing anything

It is true that Tier 3 providers are 3rd class citizens in the telecom industry,.  But,, PM is just as "bad" or as "good" as the other Tier 3 players

@not-trust-anyon , may I know what is the purpose of opening ticket with PM support?  OP was asking if there is overage fee and I believe it was answered correctly.  How can an answer from a PM support be different??

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The value proposition of PM is getting worse every day imo, the detetoriation of the HSPA network in this area making even voice calls difficult in areas when we somehow still do not have voice over LTE was the beginning but being unable to call any landlines, municipal / health services for up to 72 hours when every other provider is functioning in NL including Bell sharing the same RAN is too much. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I recall nothing from Public Mobile in situations where Telus steps up with goodwill.  If the issue is prolonged, there might be something because everyone else is doing something.  

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Public Mobile is doing nothing, unfortunately and customers in Newfoundland hours away from the storm are unable to call any landline for up to 72 more hours. Great experience. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

No such thing as data overages on any PM plan. Once you've consumed all your data allotment...it just stops until next renewal or you purchase a data add-on.

edited, sp

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Public doesn't have overages. The only gesture they could do is to give buckets of data. Maybe yank them back when the crisis is over like Bell appears to be doing. 50gigs...until the 28th. But anybody could have an NS number anywhere and the addresses on file could be anything from anywhere. So, what, to give who?

Need Help? Let's chat.