cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone died , transfer my PB number (esim) on new iphone

Gigi88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My iphone died this morning (couldn't open it anymore) and I got a new one. How can I transfer my number to my new phone ? Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

@MetaMorpheusMob 

Great that you caught that! I didn’t want to retype the whole thing out again. Too busy working around the house on my iPhone.😉

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Gigi88 

I have to ask...  have you considered going to the closest Apple store or repair shop to have your battery replaced? Maybe that could be the issue?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Gigi88 

The advantage of the SIM is just popping it out from the old phone to new phone.

I use eSIM when travelling and get a local eSIM on my PM SIM in my iPhone 14 Pro Max.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Gigi88 wrote:

My iphone died this morning (couldn't open it anymore) and I got a new one. How can I transfer my number to my new phone ? Thank you

@Gigi88 , sorry but you would need to purchase a new eSIM using the Public Mobile app on your new iPhone!

For Existing Customers:

1. In the Public Mobile app on your Phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’, (I purchased the eSIM using my available balance from points that I redeemed).
  2. Please keep in mind to be patient when installing it, it takes time. Follow the instructions it gives you during this process! After it says on your Phone’s screen that it installed successfully reboot your Phone. As an extra measure I reset my Phone’s network settings.

In cellular settings make sure that “ Turn On This Line “ is selected.

I received an email notifying me that my SIM Card changed.

‘I can not stress this enough… please be patient when installing the eSIM’.

Edit: Sorry @softech , I didn’t see your reply when I was typing 😔 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Gigi88 

you can buy a new eSIM for your new phone and the phone number will then move to the new eSIM

First, download the app on our new iPhone. 

To login, it might try to send the 2FA to your phone number, which you cannot recieve.  So, click "Didn't receive the code?" and then Send email

Once you are logged in the app, click  on the bottom left to bring up the menu and go to Subscription & Add-on page, scroll down to the bottom and click Shop SIM Card Now.  You can buy and install eSIM from there and follow the steps

Need Help? Let's chat.