cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working :- Just switch my new SIM card to a new iPhone 7

akashcc
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi my phone was stolen so I had to get a new phone and SIM card but since then I cannot connect to internet. It show me 3G but browser doesn’t load up the page... help any idea why ? Internet not working at all 

11 REPLIES 11

SD13

Have you tried a complete restart of you phone ? You hold down the volume up button and the power button at the same time till the apple appears on the screen, than let go. This restart everything and makes your phone resynchronize all settings. Had to this with my daughters phone when switch to PM 

@vincep FYI: iPhones do not allow editing of APN settings.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

vincep
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Access Point Names 

got to edit access points 

under NAME put in : public mobile 

under APN put in : sp.mb.com

under MMSC put in : http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

akashcc

thank you so much

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@akashcc 

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team, see if they would be able to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

You will receive a response within an hour, if you are lucky OR it might take up to 48 hours, if your luck is run out! Woman Wink

EDIT: Please, include link to this tread with your message.

akashcc

its doesn't work on my wife phone eaither

LEGO

@akashcc wrote:

i have a new iphone 7 as soon as i insert the sim i don't get any APN setting except APN for hotspots. i have try inserting my wife sim from public mobile in the phone and internet works fine with that sim. it just doesn,t work for my sim and also doesn't have any option to change APN Setting anywhere in settings. help

Try your SIM card in your wife’s phone. Does it work there?

akashcc

i have a new iphone 7 as soon as i insert the sim i don't get any APN setting except APN for hotspots. i have try inserting my wife sim from public mobile in the phone and internet works fine with that sim. it just doesn,t work for my sim and also doesn't have any option to change APN Setting anywhere in settings. help

closng

@akashcc wrote:

Hi my phone was stolen so I had to get a new phone and SIM card but since then I cannot connect to internet. It show me 3G but browser doesn’t load up the page... help any idea why ? Internet not working at all 

Hi @akashcc,

If your APN settings are correct and you still do not have data, please try to reset your network settings using the following instrutions and let us know if this helps:

Go to Settings > GeneralReset > Reset Network Settings (this also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before).

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@akashcc Reboot the phone with the new SIM installed. Do you see Public Mobile with some dots? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@akashcc Check your APN settings and match with the one found on this site: http://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

Also, make sure LTE is selected in network settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.