cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Talk/Text Addon not working

KerriC
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently in the USA and had to purchase the talk/text $15 addon so I can use my phone here as my previous addon expired.  They took my payment this morning however the addon is still not showing in my account and I am not able to make/receive any calls or texts. Does anyone have and info as to what might have gone wrong as I have never had this problem before. 

39 REPLIES 39

@softech 

Yes but that's the difference between paying $9 a day for roam like home or $8 for 10 days of unlimited talk or $8 for unlimited text for 10 days. So you pay $1 extra for a workaround.

@darlicious   every penny counts.. that's why I am here!!! LoL

but serious, it's not user friendly if you need to renew after 10 days.  Yes, the workaround might work, but many not aware of it until coming here for help.  When you are  on a trip, you don't want to get disconnected and wait for an answer.   Ideally, people should be able to even buy ahead to assure no interruption.

@softech 

Well it's only a $1 difference so it's not going to break the bank.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

@Anonymous  yes,that is the workaround (buying different one).

But to be honest, it is a bit too "technical" for most users.   Many of the users would think it is nature that it is ok to buy the same one after it expired (right a way).   Also, the cost would be different when you break it into 2 add-ons instead of buying the Combo back 

@softech : That's why I liked your hours countdown idea. A reminder text gets sent the night before the expiry. It doesn't say when exactly it expires . Nor does it offer any tips.

So yes it is quite non-intuitive to not be able to just re-buy the same add-on after expiry. Silly.

@Anonymous  yes,that is the workaround (buying different one).

But to be honest, it is a bit too "technical" for most users.   Many of the users would think it is nature that it is ok to buy the same one after it expired (right a way).   Also, the cost would be different when you break it into 2 add-ons instead of buying the Combo back 

But it is what it is, whatever we say would change the process.  Also, given that 3G is shutting down and Fido prepaid already removed US roaming, maybe it would not be an "issue" anymore in couple months.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech , @hairbag1 : I agree with the silly delay after expiration. But there's nothing to stop one from immediately buying a different named add-on.

Say you bought the talk/text/data. You run out of data. You buy one of the individual buckets. You can't actually buy the same named add-on. You have data.

The 240 hours expires. No more talk/text/data. You can buy the talk/text. Or just talk. Or text. Then buy any of the other buckets of data you haven't bought already that are still available.

Now you have to wait for the new 240 hours to buy the first bundle again. But if you go looking, you'll see it become available sometime inside of that additional 24 hours.

@Anonymous 

I would have thought you would have already tested the 24 your waiting period given the chance. Of course there was no opportunity to test in Dubai......

@Anonymous wrote:

But then the fact that the system still has to wait upwards to 24 hours after to re-buy (I'm still not convinced it's a full 24 hours) might just confuse people.

I assume it might be just some overnight batch program .. probably wait till the next day would be enough.. but still the wait is a bit unacceptable..and very troublesome for customers.. especially when you are US .. you need to find a Wifi again after the set hours to buy again

@Anonymous...or just fix the glitch so as to be able to purchase subsequent add-on...right as soon as first one expires. Would be nice, but likely some technical reason why it's set up as it is.  😷

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech wrote:

To be honest, Roaming add-ons deserve a section of its own, especially it has a 240 hours limit to it,   Don't you find it cool if you see a countdown counter there?  LoL

@softech :  That would be a totally useful feature. That's a great idea. An hours countdown of the 10 day - 240 hour add-on.

But then the fact that the system still has to wait upwards to 24 hours after to re-buy (I'm still not convinced it's a full 24 hours) might just confuse people.

@softech wrote:

To be honest, Roaming add-ons deserve a section of its own, especially it has a 240 hours limit to it,   Don't you find it cool if you see a countdown counter there?  LoL

Agree re the Roaming add-ons @softech.   Same goes for the Promotional add-ons (be they 1-time or recurring).

All these items should be within a single section of self-serve which provides for one's complete package of services as opposed to being spread out all over.  Within that section, they could be sub-categorized as plan items, purchased/gifted add-ons, roaming, promotional items, etc, etc

It is ridiculous... i totally get it @esjliv 

They named the dang section My Data and Add-ons -- why would anyone think a Roaming add-on would be there.  🙄

There should be ONE section with all the available provisions of one's plan so users wouldn't have to go searching for what they have.  I haven't analyzed it that much, but there can be stuff under Plan Details, stuff under My Data and Add-ons, stuff under My Promotions.... anything else hiding others can share?

It's like finding the pickle all over again - Christmas is over, dang it!

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv : I distinguish it as being the counted features are on the overview page. The roaming talk and text are unlimited so they don't appear in the counted features area.

You don't see your $40 plan under My Data & Add-ons do you? Just the data part. Countable.

I see my 50 minutes and 50 texts lines. Countable.

@Anonymous  

esjliv_1-1641165905874.png

Maybe, I will think of the My Data & Add-ons section as the bermuda triangle; items will disappear without being aware when they will go away.

😁

@KerriC 

It looks like you have run into a glitch as you know what you are doing but it appears 2022 is the year of the pm glitch. Contacting customer support will be the easiest way to get it sorted out. Maybe when you repurchased the same roaming add on you were a little to close to the 24 hour waiting period deadline and purchased it just as it reappeared when it needed a few more minutes to actually be available for purchase?

If you need US roaming talk and text immediately after the $15 bundle expires and don't have time to contact customer support to add the same bundle it is only $1 more to purchase the separate $8 US roaming text and $8 US roaming talk add ons. If you need a further 10 US roaming add on after this you could then add the bundle again immediately after the 240 hours expire. Only $1 more and no more 24 waiting periods between roaming add on purchases.

@Anonymous 

Thanks for the FYI on where to view the US roaming add on.

Just the stuff that gets used up,  @esjliv 

Not the unlimited stuff tied to plan/ purchases.

Gosh...  @Anonymous has been writing that info forever.  Didn't notice?? 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv : I distinguish it as being the counted features are on the overview page. The roaming talk and text are unlimited so they don't appear in the counted features area.

You don't see your $40 plan under My Data & Add-ons do you? Just the data part. Countable.

I see my 50 minutes and 50 texts lines. Countable.

@Anonymous wrote:

Regulars: Roaming talk and text appear on the Plan Details page...not overview.

@Anonymous  - Whaaattt!?

Seriously though, really? Roaming addons ONLY show up on the Plan Details page?

I truly thought it would be listed under the Overview tab with the other items under "My Data & Add-Ons". Isn't it an Addon?

Well, that is totally my bad with direction then.  😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Regulars: Roaming talk and text appear on the Plan Details page...not overview.

@KerriC : The roaming add-ons work on a strict 240 hour clock. Keep track of the actual time of day you bought it. 240 hours on the dot it will stop. You can in fact buy a different talk or text add-on immediately after. Just not the SAME named one. So if you got the bundle then after that 240 hours you can buy the individual. Or the other bundle. Just not the same named one. And you can't stack talk and maybe text too. You have to wait out the 240 hours.

@KerriC...sounds ominous alright. @esjliv  has provided you with link to info on how to get CSA help.

PM really needs to smooth out the process of subsequent 10 Day US roaming add-ons.

@KerriC 

Then it looks like a glitch with your purchase.  You will need to contact customer service agent (CSA). Click on the chat icon on right lower corner of website.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for CSA help.  

KerriC

Tried shutting off my phone aswell.....nothing

@KerriC wrote:

I purchased the correct one (have to do so every 11 days while i am heere in the USA as it the same addon i continue to get) Funds wwere added to my account then i make the purchase. Account now shows $0. vewrified through my bank and in my transaction history that this was purchased but it does NOT show under my addon's as it usually does

@KerriC  

Was your account due to renew!? Maybe the funds you added renewed your plan instead of added the addon?

Can you log out of Self Serve, clear you cache/cookies or open a tab in incognito mode then log in again. Does it show then? If still having issues to get this on your account ask a CSA to help:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

@KerriC wrote:

I purchased the correct one (have to do so every 11 days while i am heere in the USA as it the same addon i continue to get) Funds wwere added to my account then i make the purchase. Account now shows $0. vewrified through my bank and in my transaction history that this was purchased but it does NOT show under my addon's as it usually does

It's a long-shot...try shutting phone down and restarting.

Sounds like another PM add-on glitch.

KerriC

The addon on does not ow in my overview section. This is my issue! Yes i tried manually selecting between AT&T ansd T-mobile  both full bars but nothing

KerriC

@KerriC wrote:

When i look at addon options now the one i already purchased is not offered. This is not the issue as I have made multiple addon purchases over the years and only ever had this problem now

@KerriC  - okay, so you have purchased these before then?

The same roaming adds have a glitch, apparently you need to wait the full 240 hours after the first one was purchased.

So, wait that full 10 days (240 hours), OR ask Customer Support to get this one added for you if this is this particular issue.

@KerriC wrote:

Shows I have 0 funds available. 

@KerriC  well, the funds must have went somewhere then. When did you purchase them?

Roaming addons only last 10 days. And start from the date of purchase (whether you are using the service or not).

Do you see the Roaming Addon under your Overview section?

If you like you can post a screenshot of our overview area.

I know you said you see A&T, when you go to the Mobile Connections in your device, can you also try to manually select the network? Maybe try selecting something else, than going back to reselect the correct network.

Try a reboot of our phone, it couldn't hurt.

@KerriC 

Customers have to wait about 24 hours after the 1st US roaming add is expired before they can purchase the same US roaming package. It does not show as available until about 24 hours after expiry of 1st package.   

Maybe screenshot your payment history page and the overview page showing the Data and Add on section.  That would provide useful information. Omit any personal information. 

@KerriC...just wondering if you didn't accidentally buy the wrong add-on. For use while in USA, you need the $15 10 Day US roaming Talk/text option.

You didn't buy the $15 US Long Distance add-on by mistake...did you ?

edit; log in to your account / Plan Detail to view US Roaming add-ons.

Need Help? Let's chat.