cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International SMS

applesauce
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am in Europe and wanted to get a few SMS texts per month. Is there a plan addon that allows me to do this?

Purpose is banking logins.

Secondly, I have a bunch of saved rewards, is it possible to cash those out and get paid instead of accumulating credit?

Thirdly, can somebody explain the telus/publicmobile/community login thing? My password manager keeps getting confused since some of these are cross-domain.

2 REPLIES 2

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@applesauce 

#1.) It depends where your Sim card is? If it's with you then no unless you get a family member or friend to perform a Sim swap for you. Then you can either get them to send you the verification code or set up your Sim card in a working phone that is left on and plugged in to a charger/outlet. Then they could download the Mighty Text app that can be used to forward SMS texts to a voip provider phone number like textnow. Instead you may be able to change your bank verification codes to be sent by voice call to your phone number. You can then call your phone # (using textnow works) and when your voicemail picks up press "*" and enter your voicemail PIN # to access your voicemail services. Some banks allow verification codes to be sent via email. This can be done using the $15 plan or $10 now $13 50/50 plan if you have it.

#2.) Are you on the points program? Accumulated points can be redeemed for $15 bill credits. These are the only point redemptions that are allowed from a suspended account.

Edit:

See this post on bill credit redemptions....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Point-Redemption-Bill-Credits-Account-Rea...

#3.) Yet another glitch of the new self serve accounts when you use saved passwords. If the passwords are the same (they should not be but to each their own) then don't use the login enter button just wait. Or use secret/incognito mode or use a different browser to login to the different sites under the telus login page label.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@applesauce 

1 sorry, PM does not offer any roaming service in Europe.   You cannot receive bank 2FA text while you are there.  Best to change 2FA method to email or authenticator app instead and use local wifi or local prepaid data sim card there

2. you cannot cash out the credit or use it other than to pay thr bill or buy addon.  So,  use it to buy addon or change  it to higher priced plan

3.  PM is owned by Telus.  So, Community and My Account sites both hosted on Telus server and yes, browser will get confused.   Try to use Incognito mode or use a different browser to access  PM sites  to avoid the confusion 

Need Help? Let's chat.