cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent issues sending out texts

dafou555
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having random intermittent issues sending out texts. They won't go out, phone warns they couldn't be sent.

What are the chances this is due to my phone (S10e)? Or could it be PM?

7 REPLIES 7

dafou555

New Brunswick.

dafou555

On Android, Messages.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@dafou555 

Start with a phone reboot

try to go the Message app's App info to clear cache 

You might want to also download another Message app, maybe Google Message , and see if you can send text without problem there

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

What province and general area are you located ? There have been reports of localized outages in parts of Ontario earlier this week.

askanasteja
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Typically it could be an issue with the network. Sometimes toggling between airplane mode on/off works to reset the phone drivers. Alt, it could be a network issue depending on your local. Here is an article on how you can test your network connection. https://www.comparitech.com/net-admin/how-to-network-stability-test/

I hope it helps!

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dafou555 - if could be network related, so that it will only send when available to do so.

Are you using Chat Features? This requires a wifi connection or data to send/receive texts. If you are using android and you use Chat Features, then I suggest you turn that off, as it requires wifi or data to send/receive texts.

Disable your Chat Features: 

1. Open Messages
  2. Tap More options > Settings > Chat features
  3. Turn Enable chat features off

If not a Chat Features issue, restart your phone and perform a reset of the device's network settings. These actions could help finicky texting issues.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If everything worked well until now, it could be network hiccups.

Do you use native SMS app or 3rd party app?

Need Help? Let's chat.