cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect charges to my credit card for my son's account

bbeamiss
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently opened a Public mobile account for myself and my adult son. I had to cancel my account 2 or 3 weeks later when I learned that Public mobile doesn't enable wifi calling which I need in my area. My son kept this accounAlthough my son has assured me that he's updated the credit card info on his account so that he is now billed instead of me, I keep getting billed by public mobile. I have no way of communicating this problem to an actual human at Public mobile as I no longer have one of their plans. Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

How did you cancel your PM account?

There is no option to cancel PM account through self-serving account.

The only way to cancel account is to remove autopay, remove credit card on file and wait for next renewal to fail. Then after 90 days of no payment account is deleted.

Immediate account cancellation of PM account is by porting out your PM number.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bbeamiss 

If you recently create an account and cancel 2-3 weeks later, you will be charged for 1 month because PM is a prepaid service.

If you were charged next month, I would recommend you contact a CS_Agent.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bbeamiss   So, your credit cad still got billed? 

You certain you son did change the credit card and the charge was not from your son's account?

How did you "cancel" the account?  did you port out the number?  If you didn't port out the number, the way to "cancel" the account is to disable Autopay and remove the credit card from your own Self-Server My Account.  Did you do that?  Can you still logon to your Self-Serve My Account (your own, not your son's)?  (If you have ported your number out, then you wouldn't be able to login My Account anymore)

To contact PM Support to make sure all was done , please message them directly:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bbeamiss  Speak with your son and have him log into his account. Check the payment details for what credit card is registered to it.

When you closed your account did you port out and remove the card?

Need Help? Let's chat.