cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change area code

GSusan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Moved to Nova Scotia and would like a local 902 area code and also to keep my existing phone number, is this possible?

22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@debbie1959 : Are you traveling to the states? Is this an iphone? You've gone a month now without figuring this out?

debbie1959

i have ported over a month ago,but my cellular still showing telus with public mobile as network selection.cellular apn isp.telus.comcarrier services telus web

have no iternet service either please help i am travelling in 24 hours!!!!

GSusan

Thanks for your help

@GSusan wrote:

Looking for 902 area code not 905. I find this chat rather co fusing is there someway to contact a customer service agent or moderator directly?

@GSusan Yup.. typo on my end, updated. but  902-525-xxxx  are owned by Aliant Telecom (NS).. and what I typed above was still true

People was directing you to moderator because that was what you asked in the very first message. 

But I did the check for you with the 902-525-xxxx and pretty certain you won't get a number in that pattern with PM.  Check with Aliant Telecom to see if they can find you number in that pattern, but you will have to stay with them.  That number cannot be ported away from Aliant

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GSusan : PM can't help you. The number belongs to Bell. I tried it and it was not in service. But you would need to sign up with Bell and ask them to give you that number if they will.

GSusan

Looking for 902 area code not 905. I find this chat rather co fusing is there someway to contact a customer service agent or moderator directly?

Just checked.   https://cnac.ca/data/COCodeStatus_NPA902.htm

Numbers in  902-525-xxxx  are owned by Aliant Telecom (NS).  You can try to contact them and see if the can find you the number you want, or at least similar last 4 digits.  (but most carriers are not willing to help with picking exact number).   

Also these sets of numbers are bounded in Larry's River.  Look like it might not be able to port it to another provider, for sure not Telus/Koodo/PM.  So, even you got one, you might have to stay with Aliant Telecome with a 902-525-xxxx number

@GSusan   You can try to login to My Account, Change number and see what number is available in that area code or in area code around the area

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/ChangeNumber/

But , I doubt you can keep the same 7 digits with the new area code.  First, the number could have be using by someone else.  Also, the first 3 digit of your 7 digits are assigned to different carriers, it might not be assigned to Telus/Koodo/PM

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @GSusan 

not possible to keep existing phone number and you need to change Province to getting another number unless you want to getting new another line or you can keep your existing number and use there

and your plan is Canada-wide,

if you want to Changing Your Number,

You can change your phone number up to 4 times every 30 days

To change go to your Self Serve Account Here and:

• Select the “Plans and Add ons” tab
  • Click on “Change Phone Number”
  • Then, you can choose to select a new phone number,
  • Reboot device.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GSusan : I just tried dialing those 7 digits and it came back with not in service. It IS a valid prefix under 902. Maybe you can get it. But it belongs to Bell. You won't be able to get it here unless you sign up with Bell and then port it over to here.

But you shouldn't've posted the last 4 digits. I recommend ### them out.

GSusan

Moved to Nova Scotia and would, like to have a 902 area code and keep my existing phone

# 525-is that possible?

@GSusan 

Moderators are now call CS_Agent (customer service agent).

Just click on the envelope icon on the top of this page.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GSusan 

No, don’t think you can because the number could be taken.

Either port over or pick a new number with area code 902.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Nope. One SIM can handle only one phone number.

You can change your PM number up to 4 times per 30 days so if you want to have NS local number you can go ahead and do it...

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What issues do you have @GSusan ?

Maybe Community can help you out...

Send a private message to the CSA by clicking https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Be ready to provide account information to CSA to confirm your identity.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@GSusan , this is the help article for contacting a customer support agent.  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GSusan 

You cannot have two phone numbers on one SIM. You can, however, purchase and then activate another SIM if you wish to, with a new number. You would then have to pay for two separate accounts though. One account per SIM, one phone number per account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GSusan : Try calling 1-902-###-#### your last 7 digits and see what happens. If you would like to share your prefix (the next 3 digits) we can tell you if (edit: your ) there's even a prefix is under that area code.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GSusan 

You can send a private message to CS_Agent on this community. Is there something that the rest of us may be able to help you with?

GSusan

How do you contact a moderator?

Need Help? Let's chat.