cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete porting of number

d4w_public
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have ported my number over, but it appears to be incomplete.  My PM self serve account shows the correct phone number.  I am able to dial out to the IVR. 

However, even after rebooting my phone, incoming calls are routed directly to my old cell providers voicemail.

Any ideas how to get help?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@d4w_public great stuff!  welcome aboard!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

d4w_public

Syed was able to help determine that the the deactivation failed on the Rogers side since the application was missing a PIN. Although my originating account did not have a PIN, I was able to provide Syed my IMEI that she resubmitted with the request. Once Rogers had this information, my number was ported over to PM successfully this evening.

I hope this thread helps anyone else who may experience similar symptoms with their number ported over from Rogers.

Thanks all! 

@d4w_public wrote:

Thanks, it's been all day and have private messaged the moderators.  Unfortunately, I only included my account number in the message.  I'm blocked from sending any further private messages to provide more details. 

I'll try reverting to my old provider for now while this is being worked out.

I appreciate all the reponses!

Continuing to use the old provider service is always the right thing to do.  This is the best indicator of whether a port has been completed.  You can investigate if the service continues to work for too long.

@d4w_public When you get that "too many private messages" error, try logging out then back in after a few minutes. It usually clears, and often it has been sent anyway so check the Sent folder too.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

d4w_public

Thanks, it's been all day and have private messaged the moderators.  Unfortunately, I only included my account number in the message.  I'm blocked from sending any further private messages to provide more details. 

I'll try reverting to my old provider for now while this is being worked out.

I appreciate all the reponses!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@d4w_public please note that @computergeek541 is probably correct here.  However, if it's been more than about 3-4 hours [or about 7 business days if you're porting the number from a landline or VoIP provider] and you reboot again and inbound calls are still not getting to you, then your port is likely stuck and you should reach out to the moderator team for assistance.

Should you need to do that, here's all the details you'll need:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
If you have a Porting issue, please also include:
  • The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

This simply means that your phone number has not finished transfering over or that the process as failed.

The good news is that the old provider's service will/should continue working until things are sorted out.

The outgoing calls showing your ported phone number and the self-serve showing that phone number is normal.  Public Mobile assigns the phone number to your account before the porting process has even been verified and been completed.

Most number ports from other wireless providers take are complete within a few hours.  Assuming there are no problems with the request, your old service provider's service will stop working at that time, and all incoming calls and text messages will then be routed to your Public Mobile service.

Need Help? Let's chat.