cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls sometimes not going to phone.

Paid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Greetings

I have been a public mobile user for over 3 years and manage three PM numbers on three different cell phones. Two of the cell phones live together and one lives 10 blocks away. I live in Edmonton around 99st and Whyte ave (Middle of large city).

I started to noticed over the years that sometimes calls to the cell phone that lives 10 blocks away would go straight to voicemail. I would have to call the number 3 or more times in a row to get it to ring and on that cell the multiple call attempts were not logged in the phone. Also, phone was not in use when trying to call. 

This would indicate to me that the calls were not being received by the phone.

Both locations are a house on the main floor.

It is my understanding that PM uses the Telus network.

Now I am receiving voicemail messages that have not registered on my phone's log?

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Why are my phone bars always so low on all three phones (different makes and models) in and around the Whyte ave area in Edmonton?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Paid.

5 REPLIES 5

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Here's my guess, @Paid 

The receiver has placed a do not disturb (DND) setting on their device and perhaps has it set such that a certain number of repeated calls bypasses the DND setting.

I know I can do that on mine.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Usually when phone cannot be reached, calls go to voice mail.

Meaning signal is weak at receiving phone.

How many signal bars that phone has at around time when incoming calls are placed? Do SMS arrive on time (instant or few seconds after sent) or are delayed?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Paid 

Oh boy...lots of questions and lots of possible answers. In the immediate there have been a higher amount of outages over the last couple of days in and around Edmonton. But there has also been a glitch as well thru the last couple days. Play a little musical SIM cards. Remove them from the phones. Then put them in the other phone and power on. Make a call or send a text. Power off and return to their original phone. Power on and test the calling if it goes to voicemail.

That will fix the latest glitch if that's your issue. Otherwise toggle airplane mode on/off. Or try switching the phones to 3G only. Test again after each troubleshooting tip. I will do a little research in your signal strength issues.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Paid   It's possible Telus is upgrading their equipment in your region/are and that might be affecting some of the calling issues you're having. 

First you should always try rebooting or toggling airplane mode on/off.  You can also try switching your settings to 3G/WCDMA temporarily if the calling issue is related to any equipment upgrades.  Another thing to try is to remove the SIM and reinsert after a couple of minutes and reboot the phone.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Paid 

Looks like that you are getting a weaker signal in your area.  

Check out the nearest Telus tower to your location.

https://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Which model phones do you have?  If your phone does not have all the necessary bands for Public mobile, that also may be a factor.  

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS). 
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).   

3G = 850 (5), 1900 (2)

4G = 850 (5), 1900 (2), 700 (12/13/17/29), 1700/2100 (4), 2600 (7), 1700/2100 (66)

Some people have success in manually selecting 3G on your phones to get better reception (instead of Auto).  

Need Help? Let's chat.