cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go directly to voice mail

heidichai
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Nothing has been changed. Plan is active.  Incoming calls go to voice mail directly starting today on March 29.  Data works. Outgoing calls work.   Incoming calls worked before today.  

Already tried:

1. power on and off 

2. Reinsert SIM card  

3. Checked Plan  = Active  

4. Not transfer / porting #  

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

@GabrielaP    Did you try it?  Yes others have confirmed that it's worked for them, although I've read the odd post where it didn't help.  Can you confirm if it worked for you or not?

GabrielaP

Can any who tried say if it helped,pls? Inserting Sim in another device to then insert it again in main phone?

heidichai

oh I see .. I am new here and just want to share something that works for me.  I appreciated your comments and I assume posting here has some sort points / reward as I keep seeing some badges and stuff.    I have unmarked mine as a solution.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@heidichai 

Generally it's not recommended to chose your own post as the solution. You can edit your choice and perhaps choose @dabr 's post as the solution since they were the first member to offer you the solution.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@heidichai 

Could be. 

Check TELUS outage maps. 

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

heidichai

Thanks everyone.  My husband is also with Public Mobile. He just tried his phone and he has the same issue. Incoming calls go directly to voicemail without ringing.     We did try resetting, power on and off, airplane mode, SIM card in and out.  None of these seem to work.  Since my husband phone also has the same issue (mine is iphone and his is google phone),  there maybe something wrong with the network in the area? 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@heidichai 

Try these fixes:

• ensure airplane mode is not enabled
  • ensure do not disturb is not enabled
  • ensure the number calling you is not on a blocked senders list
  • disable any call-forwarding features/settings
  • turn off Bluetooth -- it's possible the 'ringing' is going through to a Bluetooth device instead of device's speakers
  • remove and reinsert your SIM card
  • reset network connections

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@heidichai 

I had the same problem in the Vancouver today after the Telus outage.

Try powering off the phone, remove the SIM tray and leave out for 2 minutes, power the phone back on.

If that didn’t work, contact a CS_Agent by private messaging on the Community page so they can reset your network.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@heidichai  - thanks for supplying what troubleshooting you tried.

Does toggling into and out of airplane mode help at all?

You may also try to perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

You may also try manually select the 3G / WCDMA ONLY network in your Mobile Connections area in your settings (temporarily) for dropping or unable to make incoming/outgoing calls

Why are others reporting similar issues recently, I wonder.

If this and other troubleshooting is not helping see if CSA can reset something on your account. And maybe ask them what the issue is, and come back to share. 🙂

Two ways to reach CSA here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@heidichai   Do you have another phone you can try putting your SIM into and reboot and then back to your main phone and reboot?

Need Help? Let's chat.