cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call impossible from one specific caller

fillion01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi All,

Anybody ever have the issue where a specific friend's call goes straight to voicemail without ever ringing?

The call doesn't register in the call log either...

Thanks.

16 REPLIES 16

fillion01

@Chalupa_Batman, sounds good, thanks 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Worse case @fillion01 if the other suggestions don't work, you may need a system network reset and only a CS Agent can do that. Will wait to hear back if you're able to fix it.

fillion01

@will13am, sounds good, thanks!

@fillion01 wrote:

Nope, well, is 6 months recent?

No, 6 months is not recent.  The way the number transfer works is that certain people can reach you prior to the number transfer being complete while most people will end up having their call routed to the old provider.  This is obviously not the cause in this case.  Reach out to support and let them look into the problem.

fillion01

@Dunkman, that's a good idea, wish I had thought of it.

Will give it a try asap, but might take a while 🙂

@fillion01 wrote:

Checked already, only have a toll free number blocked.

@fillion01 

Interesting.  Maybe try your SIM card in another working phone.  That would help determine whether hardware issue versus PM service problem.  

Might want try a network reset of phone.  This will erase any saved Wifi password settings. 

fillion01

Nope, well, is 6 months recent?

fillion01

Not blocked, and yes, before I was with PM, this was the only change when issue began. He can text me, then I can call him, but that's it.

Also, unknown callers are not blocked, can't because family member health issues require many unknown callers from health services. 

fillion01

Checked already, only have a toll free number blocked.

fillion01

Nope, have samsung galaxy note 9, it's a little older, but still works great, I think 😉

fillion01

Yup, nobody else has issues, only him, and with regular phone calls.

Will ask which carrrier he has, but believe it's one of the reputable ones, like Videotron.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@fillion01 , did you do a number transfer recently?  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Either you block your friend or your phone rejects 'unknown' callers.

Did you EVER successfully receive call from your friend?

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@fillion01 

Did you accidently somehow block your friend's phone number? Check your phone settings.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @fillion01 

Do you have an iPhone? If so, the latest update made the "unknown" numbers do goofy things. If you go into your settings and turn off block unknown callers and reboot, ask your friend to call you again and see if that works. It happened to me.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @fillion01 

are you sure you can receive calls from other without trouble?

if really just one friend, which carrier he has? Your friend should start with his carrier.  ASk him to call his carrier first and check

and make sure he is calling you using normal calls, not Facetime or other app calls

Need Help? Let's chat.