cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox spam

SparkleHeart82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any way to stop these spam messages from coming in? It's really annoying 😒Screenshot_20210816-061050_Chrome.jpg

14 REPLIES 14

@antix1978 wrote:

I just unsubscribed my email, and what not... but I about to go back to my old carrier over this  and cancel Public.  

you leaving PM just because of this?  Spam is everywhere,  no matter where you go (which provider to move to), they will be after you  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@antix1978 : Um...are you new to the internet? Spam is everywhere. Always has been. Don't click on links and delete the message. For here, report it first, then ignore the user, then delete it. If you get the email notification from here then that email doesn't have any bad content in it from that spammer.

@antix1978 wrote:

I just unsubscribed my email, and what not... but I about to go back to my old carrier over this  and cancel Public.  

Public Mobile doesn't control the messages that others send you. However, if you chooose to do so, you can disable the private messaging inbox in Community completely, disabling the ability for anyone to send you a private message.  

Click on your avatar icon near the top right of the Community screen. Open up My Settinmgs, and then Preferences.  From there, go to Private Messenger.  Uncheck the box next to Turn on private messaging.  If you ever do need to contact a customer suppoort agent, ensure that you first re-enable private messaging.

antix1978
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

SparkleHeart82
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Meow Thanks. I didn't realize that just anyone could join the community. Good to know. Thanks!

@Helpershelper wrote:

So far the privacy settings on here don’t allow you to block incoming messages but if enough people ask for it I’m sure it will be implemented.

This setting is available. Open the message and choose Ignore to block incoming messages from that one person.  Go into Preferences and Private Messenger and unselect the box that says Turn On Private Messenges.  That will block all private messages to/from everyone. 

Shayaan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just Report and then delete!

Spam is just part of our digital life these days.

It is an open community here and everyone is welcome to register.    Also, PM encourages people to register before they join PM so they can ask activation question.

The only thing PM can do is to set a limit to private message for newly join members, maybe 5 or 10 or any reasonable number , to discourage spammers. But still, many spams are using automatic process and they might just create more accounts even a limit is set.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@SparkleHeart82 wrote:

Any way to stop these spam messages from coming in? It's really annoying 😒

Not really... Same as spam going to your voice mail or spam SMS or spam calls.

Community is open to everybody to join and some people abuse it.

Report it.

Unfortunately ANYBODY can create account in Community, not only PM customers.

Spamming does occur from time to time, but reporting it MODs very quickly disable such account.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@SparkleHeart82   there is a link "Report".  Click on it to Report Spam before you delete the message.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SparkleHeart82 

Keep reporting them, Do not click on any links in the message, then delete them.

See this announcement regarding this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/What-to-do-with-spam-in-your-Private-Me...

Just like spam callers and emails they will likely never be totally prevented, but be cautious and diligent with them nonetheless.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

So far the privacy settings on here don’t allow you to block incoming messages but if enough people ask for it I’m sure it will be implemented.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@SparkleHeart82 wrote:

Any way to stop these spam messages from coming in? It's really annoying 😒Screenshot_20210816-061050_Chrome.jpg

Click on the ignore button to block messages from the member and then report it.

Need Help? Let's chat.