cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive account retention still 3 months?

jzmtl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So as of last year the policy is I can leave my account unpaid and inactive for 3 months and PM will keep my phone number and plan, is it still the same now? 

I haven't seen any announcement indicating otherwise, but with the recent debacle, I want to make sure before going out of country, don't want to come back to find out my phone number and plan gone. Smiley Happy

4 REPLIES 4

jzmtl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks all, so it's unchanged, just want to make sure.Smiley Very Happy

90 days is plenty, way more generous than any other providers. If PM hadn't pulled the stunt earlier this year it would be the best carrier in Canada. 

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@jzmtl

Your current billing cycle will continue until it's all used up, however many days that may be.

Then your account will be "suspended" without service.  For up to 90 days.

After 90 days it will be "terminated", closed forever.  The account (and any remaining funds or accumulated Rewards on it) will be lost, the plan lost, the SIM card permanently deactivated, and the phone number gone.

If the suspended account is reactivated (payment is made) before it's terminated then all is well, service resumes immediately, there's no sort of "reactivation" or "reconnection" fee, and you won't be billed for the suspended service period.  But I wouldn't recommend leaving it to the last day - expect a reactivation delay of several days just in case there's any technical difficulties which need mod intervention to resolve.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@jzmtl Perhaps read: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Extended-Absence/m-p/142735#M...

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jzmtl, You are almost correct.  nothing has changed, but technically it is only 90 days (not exactly 3 months).

Need Help? Let's chat.