cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If upgrading can one revert back to original plan.

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Have accepted a targeted upgrade to my plan that takes effect on my renewal in a couple of days. 
Wonder if  I would be able to revert back to my lower priced plan if I decide to do so in the future. Presently my existing plan is only offered to new accounts.

9 REPLIES 9

eddieO

The $22 plan with 6 GB is a pretty good deal as well and is NOT available to existing customers unless being offered through special invitation like you have been given, so if you decide to cancel the switch to it you won't be able to get it again

Wayworn

This is my first month with PM got it as a trial and kept my plan with another carrier that includes 120 GB of data. I have been using a lot of data mainly because I have that plan  set on data only. Data is very handy when using GPS and not having to bother connecting to wifi hot spots. However this convenience is costing me $65/ month that after trying my no data PM plan is really not a must. The $50 extra / month  amounts to an extra $600 / year that in my opinion is worth the minimal extra inconvenience. 
Of course the PM $22 plan with 6gb of data would only be $84 extra / year and that I would consider before cancelling this upgrade. 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If your old plan still exist you can switch back whenever you want. Do schedule plan change to avoid extra charges.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you don't need a lot of data,  no sense paying $7 more per month. Sounds like you would never use up 6 gb in a month. It's cheaper than buying add-ons, as they expire,  but only if you were really in need of it.

Wayworn

So far I’m very happy that I signed up for the lowest $15 plan that doesn’t include data but have not been inconvenienced by the lack of data because I’m mostly on WIFI.  Also a bit strange even without data or wifi I can still connect to the PM app so if I’m ever in a must have data situation I can always purchase a data add on. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Wayworn 

This is one of the good things about having it change for the renewal date. It's like a certificate for "Buyers Remorse". You pretty much have till the day before to cancel that offer and keep your plan that you have now. 

Which plan do you have and what was the offer?

Wayworn

Thanks but that sucks not only because of the hassle but also since I wouldn’t be able to keep my existing cell number. Going to cancel my pending upgrade ASAP. 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Wayworn you can only revert back to an old plan if it's available in your cart, and it's not for new activations only. 

eddieO

@Wayworn, once you leave your "new employees only" plan you will not be able to move back to it unless you leave PM and then come back as a new customer with new account/new email etc.

Need Help? Let's chat.