cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I exceed my data plan, how much will be the extra data usage?

buddy_2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wondering how much is the extra data usage, so I better manage my bill

14 REPLIES 14

@vibubabu wrote:

Maybe i am wrong, it internet was extremely slow and I thought that my data is over. It might even be because of a poor network. not sure though. 

That isn't the case. Once you use all of your data, it stops working completely.

vibubabu
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Maybe i am wrong, it internet was extremely slow and I thought that my data is over. It might even be because of a poor network. not sure though. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vibubabu : Then that's extremely surprising. I'd be interested to hear others having a similar experience once they've consumed all their plan and add-on data. We all would.

iirc I've seen it before where an automatic page from here comes up on the browser telling you you need more data. Do you get that page?

vibubabu

I was getting slow data when my data got over

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vibubabu : Great of you to jump in and start participating. Welcome to the Community.

Alas though...there is no slow data here.

vibubabu

there is no additional fee, you get free data which is really slow and you will not able to use it. better to buy additional data which will cost 15$ 1 GB

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would be cautious about turning off background data, and for which apps.  It's a great idea, but depending on what apps and how @buddy_2021 uses their phone, it may be important for some background data to keep working.

@buddy_2021 

If there's more specific thoughts/issues we can help with, let us know.  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@buddy_2021 

turn off background data,

when your data limit used, is will off until next renewal cycle

at public mobile Prepaid Service No fees extra charges,

for more information about Managing Your Data Usage visit  Here link to save your data...

BlueB

@buddy_2021 

Like everybody is saying, as a prepaid service - once you run out, you run out!

There are a variety of data Add-Ons, and they basically stay on your account and rollover until fully used.  For example, if you normally get 2GB of data per cycle and you buy a 1GB Add-On (for $15), then you will have up to 3GB to use.  However, if you use 2.1GB every cycle, then it will use the 2GB of your usual data first before using 0.1GB from the Add-On.  That Add-On will stay on for future use, taking 10 months (10 x 0.1GB = 1GB) before you will need to get another Add-On.  It's a great way to have some extra data "just in case" because it typically doesn't expire (except the roaming/US add-ons).

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM is prepaid so once you reach your limit then it stops as PM does not have overages.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@buddy_2021   PM is prepaid, once the data is used it , it will simply be cut off.  Same with outgoing calls on the $15 plan, once used up the minute, you can't make more outgoing calls.  This is what PM promotes:  You’ll never have to worry about being locked in, or surprises on your bill.    So, in PM, it is very easy to manage your bill  🙂

If you do need extra data, you will need to load fund into your account first and buy extra data add-ons

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@buddy_2021 wrote:

Zero $ because you'll have zero service (re data).

You'll have to buy add-ons as mentioned above.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@buddy_2021 wrote:

@buddy_2021 

No extra charges or overages with Public mobile since prepaid.  If you run out of data, it just stops working. 

You could purchase a data add on, $15 for 1 GB data.  Unused data moves on to next payment cycle .  

0PX9O4

You cannot exceed your data plan - the connection will be simply be cut off once your usage has reached the limit.

Need Help? Let's chat.