cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to set up a new phone number on my wife account

dennisbaratta
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how can i access my wife account if the number it was set up with no longer works , I want to set up a new phone number on her account

16 REPLIES 16

HI @dennisbaratta so, you used the same email? or a different one?

did you use the app to activate the new account with esim? you got the app to install the esim for you yet? Go to sim manager on your phone check if a Public Mobile esim is install, set it active (or enable "Turn on this line" on iphone and set as pirmary)

if you don't see a new esim on your phone, check if you have a welcome email from PM, there will be a QR code there for you to manually install

if all fails, then you need support agent's help,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

Why not, @dennisbaratta ?

Any thoughts? Is the device e-SIM compatible? Was the device used with another mobile provider recently? What happens when you put a working SIM card (either Public Mobile or another provider) in the device, can you access all the services that SIM card should enable with another provider?

Did you contact the customer support agents as provided ... this way?

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

dennisbaratta

the account is already active and esim is paid for but can't use it ?

HI @dennisbaratta 

try click "didn't receive the code?" and then check if send email is an option there

and you won't consider using another email to activate?

if you cannot login but would like the same email to activate ,  check with CS agent.   Please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437                     

dennisbaratta

when i try to log in to her public mobile account security system sends a message to the phone's number to verify id?  that number is not active ,i don't know if there's way around this?

@dennisbaratta 

If your wife haven’t kept up with payment longer than 90 days. Her account will be closed, SIM will be useless and she lost her old number.

Right now, PM is offering a free SIM or eSIM with a new plan but it may take up to 3 weeks for the SIM to arrive. If she is in a rush, she can purchase a new SIM from Amazon for $4.99 or got with eSIM if her phone is eSIM compatible.

@dennisbaratta How long as it been inactive ? More than 90 days ? If it has the account is closed if it hasn’t . You could buy payment vouchers and load  it *611 to resume services right away and then you should be able to log into the account again . 

@dennisbaratta 

let’s try another tactic

when you dial 611 from the device with your wife’s SIM card, what messaging do you hear?

dennisbaratta

she has a account with her email but i can't access the account because the phone's sim is not active anymore, is there a way to delete this account and set up a new one with a number?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dennisbaratta 

Yes, going back to my original questions :

how long has it been since there was active service?

do you still have the associated Sim card?

@dennisbaratta wrote:

yes, there are two accounts ,but my wifes old number that i set up was not active when account was first set up so now i can't activate her phone on the new esim for public mobile, is there a work around to reset and get a new number working on the public mobile system?

HI @dennisbaratta 

how long your wife number has been inactive?

can you login with your Wife email to My Account?  Did it give you a choice to Reactivate new plan?

@dennisbaratta  Are you being charged for these two accounts or just one ? I’m confused sorry . If you’re not paying for any account you could just create a whole new account with new email and pick a new phone number on activation . And take advantage of one of the new activations plans 

dennisbaratta

yes, there are two accounts ,but my wifes old number that i set up was not active when account was first set up so now i can't activate her phone on the new esim for public mobile, is there a work around to reset and get a new number working on the public mobile system?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @dennisbaratta 

PM system only allows one email to link to one phone account, so you will need another email for the new account

It your wife has an old account with a phone number that is already closed, you can login that account and  the reactivate a new plan.  If that does not work,  please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:

But generally, it is easier to just use another email to create a new account

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@dennisbaratta 

how long has it been since your wife had service and do you still have the associated SIM card?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dennisbaratta  Each phone number / account needs to have its own email . You cannot have two phone number on one account 

but if you can log into your account you can just change the phone number in profile page 

Change # on profile tabs

Handy1_0-1703548109407.jpeg

If you cannot log in get support to help you gain access 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

Need Help? Let's chat.