cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Subscription Plan

Carab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i broke my phone so need to get a new sim.  I already have a public mobile account  When i try to activate my new phone it wont let me use the number I have with public mobile already.  I have not activated the new sim card yet as I want to get this straightened out first 

10 REPLIES 10

Ladie1

Sorry! I'm new to the forum and Carab clarified that she used an esim in her old phone while I was typing and editing.  Things happen quickly here!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Ah @Carab , that doesn't work then.

When you get the new SIM, just go into your Profile tab in self-serve and replace the SIM number in the corresponding location, reboot your device, and you'll be good to go.

Whatever you do DON'T activate the new SIM card as you'll have then created a whole new account and then have 2 public mobile accounts.

@Ladie1  OP Already confirmed it was eSIM . So they can’t take the sim  out of one phone or put in another phone they need to rebuy esim or buy physical sim at this point 

@Carab  So do you want to use eSIM again or physical sim . In any event you don’t t want to activate a new sim just sim card swap physical sim or rebuy new eSIM . I showed you in my first reply to you how to swim swap physical sim yourself or get support to help you if you can’t log in . But if you can log in and want eSIM again . Download the app on your new phone log into account and go to subscriptions add on page . Notice bottom of my screen shot “shop simcard now “ tap it and choose eSIM download and install that’s it you will keep your same number and plan 

Handy1_0-1703512549023.png

Ladie1

As Halimacs says your old sim is the easiest option if it's available to you.  With PM and other providers, I've seamlessly moved from a dead or dying phone to a new one by just moving the sim from one to the other.  The number and contacts move along with it, and the existing plan and loyalty benefits too.  Hope this works for you. 👍

Carab

I used a e-sim to activate my old phone and they tell me I need to get a new sim but when I try to activate it my current phone number cannot be used so I have not activated the new sim until I get this rectified

Carab

it was an e-sim

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Carab 

This may be a challenge, but when you say you 'broke' your old phone, do you still have it in your possession?

Unless it was run over by a truck, the SIM card in the device can likely be retrieved and simply placed in your replacement device.

Those SIM card slots are fairly protective of the SIM card itself and the SIM is quite a robust piece of equipment.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Carab  So you have a new SIM card  and phone . ? You don’t want to activate the sim just SIM card swap the number . In your account profile page 

SIM  SWAPPING  profile tabs

Handy1_0-1703511031561.png

Note only do this on lap top or computer/ not mobile device

if you cannot log into your account ask support to help SIM card swap the number for you and then you will be able to log into your account again . And change your plan if you want to 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️ Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.