cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ported a number from speakout, voice and data not working

Revvd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

HI i successfully ported a number from Speakout, and made a successfull call last night.  Today, i tried calling someone and got a voice message saying my plan does not have voice...i checked my plan online and both voice and data are active. Please help!

18 REPLIES 18

Hi @daralama You might want to start your own thread in the future so more people can see your issues. It depends on what phone you have, you will have to delete your Speakout APN from your phone and replace it with the APN from Public Mobile.

daralama

I ported from Speakout wireless as well and had trouble getting data to work. ("Could not activate cellular data network"). Speakout requires that you install an APN configuration. Make sure you remove it (in Settings).

@Dogbert   The new policy and verification link is good if it prevents potential security flaws, however, if the original link hasn't been updated then it will get confusing for new and current customers.  I'm wondering if PM is allocated enough resources from its parent company Telus when it tries updating to newer and safer procedures.  It seems to be bit of an add hoc approach.  Hopefully, updates are in the works!

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Luddite wrote:

@Dogbert You regularly suggest customers include their name, account number and phone number when contacting the moderators. As a security precaution, PM has requested that this no longer be included in their initial contact with the moderator team.

Thanks for the note, as I guess they've changed their policy; as per PM's help page, it seems perfectly normal practice to send this information through their messaging icon generically to the "Moderator Team".

• If you need to share personal or account info, send a private message to the Moderator Team by clicking the envelope icon, then ‘New Message’, and address your message to Moderator_Team.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Maybe you could update their help page to reflect this change.

Thank-You

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr The messaging ¨requirements¨ when private messaging the moderators were ¨invented¨ by the community as a way to facilitate dialogue between customers and moderators. PM is now actively discouraging that and asking us to simply tell customers to describe their issue when contacting the moderator team. Don´t think there´s any need to add verbage to the private messaging link, but thanks for the thought.

@Luddite  Thanks for the response/explanation.  So at this point I guess the best option is to try and remind customers asking for assistance to not to provide any personal information when contacting the moderator team until the moderator sends the link to verfiy the account details.

@dabr The messaging ¨requirements¨ when private messaging the moderators were ¨invented¨ by the community as a way to facilitate dialogue between customers and moderators. PM is now actively discouraging that and asking us to simply tell customers to describe their issue when contacting the moderator team. Don´t think there´s any need to add verbage to the private messaging link, but thanks for the thought.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hycm53 wrote:

@Luddite wrote:

@Dogbert You regularly suggest customers include their name, account number and phone number when contacting the moderators. As a security precaution, PM has requested that this no longer be included in their initial contact with the moderator team.

What information does moderator team need if I have problem? Will moderator team sent me email after I sent private message?

I think you only need to fill in the information about the issue you're having and then you will get a response from the mods asking you to verify your account throught a special link.

@Luddite wrote:

What information does moderator team need if I have problem? Will moderator team sent me email after I sent private message?

@Luddite wrote:

Thanks for a really important reminder @Luddite , only wish I had remembered that for myself when contacting mod team recently where I included couple of those details in my message to them.  Is there any way to have this security precaution warning in the private messaging system when someone is contacting them?  My guess would be that most people may not be aware that posting these details as being a potential security risk.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jbuss wrote:

The fact Public Mobile cannot and/or will not publicly acknowledge the no calling / no texting problem that is affecting many customers is totally unacceptable. I will accept no live support, I will accept no phone support but I will not accept what is essentially a denial of prepaid service without public acknowledgement of the problem on their website with regular updates.

This company is run by amateurs that know Canadians are used to being screwed over by telcos, so why bother making an effort to publicly address major outages to keep customers informed as the problem is being resolved.

Contact a Mod (link).

However, to ensure everything goes smoothly; provide the mod in your private message with the following:

- your name

- account number

- phone number

It's more efficient when you provide them with all the needed information to get you back on track.

PM is an economy service and they may take upto 48 hours before responding.  Telus, their flagship service has 24/7 instant support; however, it comes at a price.

We all understand your fustration, but It is understandable that economy comes with some drawbacks.

Jbuss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The fact Public Mobile cannot and/or will not publicly acknowledge the no calling / no texting problem that is affecting many customers is totally unacceptable. I will accept no live support, I will accept no phone support but I will not accept what is essentially a denial of prepaid service without public acknowledgement of the problem on their website with regular updates.

This company is run by amateurs that know Canadians are used to being screwed over by telcos, so why bother making an effort to publicly address major outages to keep customers informed as the problem is being resolved.

charsi

Is there a page where Public Mobile advertises known network/systems issues?

@Revvd wrote:

Thanks Dlwalsh, I guess its good to know that at least others are in the same boat...this is my first experience with Public Mobile...so far not impressed

I know it's frustrating @Revvd , but once stable cell service has been established for you, you'll be glad you stayed. I've been with PM for a coupla years and these types of widespread services issues are rare.

While waiting for cell servicee, just think of all the $$$ you'll be saving by staying.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

Revvd

Thanks Dlwalsh, I guess its good to know that at least others are in the same boat...this is my first experience with Public Mobile...so far not impressed

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Revvd wrote:

HI i successfully ported a number from Speakout, and made a successfull call last night.  Today, i tried calling someone and got a voice message saying my plan does not have voice...i checked my plan online and both voice and data are active. Please help!

There are a couple of silly things that might work but I don't know why. Try the lost/stolen trick (temporarily reporting your phone as stolen), and making a $1 payment.

If you did not run out of minutes, only moderators can fix account issues.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Dlwalsh

You're having the same problem as everyone else today 

This is ridiculous 

Haven't heard from a Mod yet and apparently neither has anyone else 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Revvd wrote:

What plan do you have? You may used up calling minutes if your plan is $10 for 30 days.

Need Help? Let's chat.