cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm wondering if I can stop all texts to my phone?

BarbaraP
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I set up an account for my aunt in Long Term Care, with a flip phone so her friends can call her and she can call them.

I get a panicky call about once a month because it's beeping and words are on the screen (today it's a notification that her minutes are running out - but she has 1450 minutes in add-ons available). If I could just stop all texts to her phone that would be ideal. Any notifications that are really important can come by email (which comes to me). 

Is this possible? 

6 REPLIES 6

@Pop_Eye wrote:

Just a thought. If the texting is sent and received by an App on the phone......can the APP be deleted from the phone?

This would depend on the specific software of the device, but for a flip phone, I see it as being very likely that there is no option for this.  Notification sounds could be silenced, but even then, that could dependent on the phone's software having sepearte volume settings for both ringing and notifications.  Unfortunatley, even silencing the sounds for the notification wouldn't prevent the text messages from being delivered.

Pop_Eye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just a thought. If the texting is sent and received by an App on the phone......can the APP be deleted from the phone?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BarbaraP - disabling ALL text messages should help you here. You can have all SMS/MMS texts turn off in your notifications, and will be silenced too.

Is someone near your Aunt that can help her with this to set it up on her phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BarbaraP 

Sorry, there is no way for PM to stop sending the text to the phone.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BarbaraP  i don't think you can.  

But what you can do is to disable the notification for text.

And if you can disable or uninstall the text messaging app 

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Unless that phone an option to not to receive SMS then you cannot stop it.

Need Help? Let's chat.