cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just reactivated before 90 days and it made me pay a full bill without any rewards.

Jernikfra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I live in asia for 6 months a year so I suspended my service with lost/stolen when I left Canada October 2nd.

My plans renewed around the 18th of the month and I was planning to reactivate on January 17th

I just renewed January 1 2023 so my renewals will now be around the beginning of a calendar month.

It was successful and my $25 plan renewed today January 1 2023.

My plan is to deactivate with lost/stolen again on January 30 and reactivate April 1 because I return to Canada April 2.

When I just reactivated my plan it gave me a bill for the $25 plan plus tax or $28, but with no rewards or discounts at all.

My bill before I left was $17 or $19.04 after tax with all rewards applied.

My question is why did I pay the full price with no rewards?

My next bill on January 31 will be $16 plus tax or $17.92.

I have $3 loyalty, $2 auto pay and $4 refer a friend rewards so I get a $9 discount.

Why no discounts to reactivate now?

Please explain! Thanks!

My SIM card is out so this reactivation today is just to prevent account from closing.

I can't actually use my minutes and data until I return April 2.

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jernikfra 

Just to reiterate @softech 's comment.....you must pay and reactivate your services as autopay only works while you have active services. Turning off autopay also means you will forfeit the $2 autopay reward. Please refer to my post's options sec. 1.(2) as your only option to earn all of your rewards automatically.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Coming back for Apr 2 is about a month early of the deactivation date. If you suspend for Jan 30 then you would have until Apr 30 to reactivate without losing the account.

@Jernikfra   the plan just renewed today and the cycle ends Jan 30?

Confirm if the date is correct

while you are correct, you have till April 1 to reactivate  DO NOT activate on the last day of that 90 days grace period.   Reactivate your plan  on around the 85th day to give yourself enough time just in case something goes wrong (it happened, like cannot login to My Account, or system down , etc)

Also, when you decide to reactivate.  Turning Pre-authorized payment on is NOT enough. You need to make a manual payment that day and reactivate the plan. Then logoff and log back in USING INCOGNITO MODE and confirm the account status changed to Activate and the cycle date confirms that.

Again, come back around the 85th day and make a manual payment.  Do not wait till last day.

Jernikfra
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you to all people that replied and tried to help me.

I created a ticket and a moderator applied an $8 credit to my account to make up for the lost rewards.

To prevent this from happening again I have turned off pre-authorized payments so it will not renew on Jan 31.

I will turn them on again April 1 so it will activate my account then and my service will work again April 2.

I assume it will bill me right away as soon as I turn on pre-authorized payments?

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Correct and that is normal. Your account has to be active on renewal date in order to receive rewards.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

Oops....but....

@Jernikfra 

There are a couple of options when suspending via lost/stolen and if you carry a balance that equals or exceeds your plan amount then they are your only options.

1. Suspend via lost/stolen before midnight eastern on or before day 30 of your plan cycle. Your voicemail should remain active with this option. The rewards glitch will occur requiring customer support to be contacted after paying and reactivating to have the rewards applied manually.
  2. Suspend via lost/stolen after midnight eastern once your rewards have been applied (usually by 10 past midnight or no later than half past midnight). Suspend before 2am eastern (the earliest renewal debits/payments will occur). Voicemail access is lost with this option.

The only other option is allowing an account to be suspended for nonpayment which carries its own consequences.

1. Disabling autopay also prevents earning the $2 reward. 
  2. Replacing the autopay card with a card that will be declined for payment will earn the $2 reward but can create problems when reactivating if you cannot verify (2FA) a payment card update (replacement of card).
  3. Not an option if carrying a balance that equals or exceeds the plan amount.

Be sure to give yourself a minimum of 3 to 5 days to reactivate the account as I have had issues reactivating an account that was suspended via lost/stolen that carried a balance and required customer support the reactivate the account for me. Carefully count out 90 days and plan to reactivate on day 85 and set several reminders.

You can also choose change plan now when you are reactivating halfway thru your 6 months away to change to the $15 plan. You will then be directed to the payment page (cart). Do the same at the end of 6 months to change back to your old $25 plan or one that more suits your needs.

Happy Travels and Stay-Safe!

That's what the OP did, @darlicious - note 1st line of question.

@Jernikfra , you need not place your account in Lost/Stolen mode.   Just allow the current 30-day cycle to expire, then it'll remain in suspended status for up to 90 days. 

{EDIT:  it'll suspend IF you have insufficient available funds to cover renewal and/or you temporarily disable any auto-pay you may have enabled)

Before that 90-day suspension period is reached, resume service again on the $15 plan, or the desired plan of your choice, upon your return to Canada in April.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Jernikfra 

Did you suspend your service via lost/stolen? If so and it was before midnight on or before day 30 of your plan this causes a glitch with your rewards being applied automatically upon renewal. Now that you have paid and reactivated your account you can contact customer support to apply your rewards earned during your last prepaid 30 day cycle. Use the links as supplied in the above post.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Jernikfra 

Your renewal rewards occur during renewals when service is active. 

However customer support staff will manually add rewards back if you request it of them.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.