cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have choose a phone number but the number is not mine

Jane_fang
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have registered my SIM  card and pay for it, and I have chosen a new phone number but i have found that someone else is using this number, and then my sim card cannot be activated. why the numeber is still in use could appear in the list and be chosen. I could not activated my Scard

12 REPLIES 12

maple_leaf
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It was my pleasure. I hope that Customer Support is able to resolve this for you. Have a good evening!

Jane_fang

Thank you for your help, I have already emailed the CS-Agent,I do hope this time they can help me handle it.

maple_leaf

Hello @Jane_fang , Sorry for my delayed reply. When you say you cannot log into your account, what error message are you seeing? If the activation isn't complete, you should be seeing "continue activation" when you log into your online account. If you cannot log in at all, then there's some other issue happening, perhaps with your mobile app installation. But, then you mention the number you're currently using still requiring verification for the initial account set up, which sounds like the last step in the activation process where a code is sent to the assigned number for verification. Can you please help me understand, is it that you never activated, or have activated with an already assigned number? If you never activated, but still cannot access your online account, you may need to send a private message to a Customer Support Agent for further assistance. I've included a link below. 

Link to PM CS_Agent:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Monday to Sunday 9 AM to 10 PM EST

Hope this helps.

Jane_fang

No, I can not even log in my account

Jane_fang

No, I haven't activated yet. I can't log into my account. I tried switching to the number I'm currently using, but it still requires verification for the initial account that I set up.

maple_leaf

Hello @Jane_fang , So, did your service activate anyway, or were you saying that the activation just didn't complete? You mentioned that your SIM card could not be activated. I'm just wondering if it's a matter of continuing the activation and selecting another telephone number, or if your online account has already been created, in which case you could log in and change the telephone number (as other members mentioned below). 

HI @Jane_fang 

just login to My Account, Profile Page, and you can choose a  new number by updating the phone number showing there

@Jane_fang 

Yes, PM system has the glitch you are experiencing, give out number owned by others

But just login to My Account, and go to Profile, and click the Pencil beside your phone number and you can then choose a new one there

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-numberhttps://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/update/phone-number

Jane_fang

yes, the number was no longer available,and  I donnot know how to choose another one

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Jane_fang 

Did you activate the SIM on the PM app?

Normally any new number that is offered for members to pick is put on hold for 90 days before it is offered for members to pick that number.

Best to contact a CS_Agent by private messaging for them to investigate at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Jane_fang 

If you go back into your account, go to the profile section, beside the phone number you'll see a pencil. Click on it and the next page will allow you to choose a different phone number. Try picking a different one.

maple_leaf

Hello @Jane_fang , Do you mean that during activation you selected a new phone number, and then couldn't continue the activation because the number was no longer available? 

Need Help? Let's chat.