cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a plan with 100 call minutes

Spirit84
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry to bother.

I have an emergency plan on my wife's phone (she hardly uses her phone) which includes 100 Canada-wide minutes. I just wanted to ask the experts if all incoming calls are free or are incoming calls counted in the 100 minutes.

25 REPLIES 25

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you for explaining more about this $13 plan which used to be only $10.  Very interesting to know you can use 4g data with it but I don't think it's very good value at $13.

Funny comments about Mr Entwistle too and I think he's too well compensated like all these other company heads.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo 

Funny how a wise oracle accepting a solution can bring you back to a thread that you missed your notifications from? The other advantage of remaining on the unlucky. $13 plan is despite it having no plan data any add on data is full speed 4G LTE data.

It will be quite sometime before pm will offer "4G" data plans below the $35 - $40 price point as they are aggressively marketing "cheap" 4G plans with large plan data buckets in order to fulfill Mr Entwistle's bean counters higher revenue Stream-Scheme to migrate lower priced plan subscribers to higher priced plans so as to increase their overall ARPU.

However to force an unjustified and unreasonable 30% rate hike onto their customers who can least afford it during an inflationary crisis while offering absolutely nothing in return but their contempt and greed to funnel double digit annual profits back in quarterly dividends to telus's wealthy shareholders completely disgusts me. It shows that telus communications is no longer connected to their community and loyal customers and the values the once extolled and upheld....they are swimming at the bottom of the barrel with the other 2 of the big 3.

I will hold onto the unlucky $13 plan out of pure spite and double up my efforts to expand my control of $0 bill accounts to help my referrals also achieve that freedom from paying for their mobile services. First I slowly siphon away from that bad dog provider to pm and then help those customers to slowly reduce their bill with pm siphoning away every penny of profit that 30% rate hike earned! It only took 6 weeks to get back to a $0 bill I hope the extra $4.50 Mr Entwistle pocketed off me was worth it? It better have been one heck of a Starbucks no foam, soy milk, extra shot latte?

statusquo

Thank you.  $10 plan sounds like a  good plan to have and doesn't sound fair for public to try push people to a different plan.  The price increase from 10 to 13 is too much as well.

hi @statusquo the $13 was used to be $10.  this is PM way of pushing people to $15 plan

statusquo

Thank you for explaining.  I was getting a foggy brain trying to work out incoming rounding up too.

statusquo

Thank you for confirming incoming won't be rounded up.  The $13 plan does not have unlimited incoming then?  For $2 more you get unlimited incoming which sounds better value to me.

@statusquo wrote:

Did I misunderstand because I don't think incoming calls can be rounded up if unlimited?  Or you mean the 100 outgoing calls?

Sorry outgoing. Brain fog today!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@statusquo 

Pm doesn't round up unlimited incoming it's unlimited....but on the unlucky $13 plan I have never really looked but one would have to assume as the recieving caller the "timer" would start at pick up since the ring time would be metered on the incoming callers end but if it was call forwarded then it would be metered at the call forwarding pick up.

Spirit84

That is actually a great idea. She will never use 500 minutes and it is certainly worth $5 for peace of mind.

I actually just "chatted" with the chat bot SIMon and after logging into my account ont  he chat it clearly shows that all incoming minutes are free.  First time that a bot has actually ever been good to me!

Spirit84

Thanks darlicious. I bought the SIM card on Feb 1 2021

statusquo

Thank you but I'm still confused how public mobile would round up unlimited incoming minutes.  I just want to be sure because I have this plan too.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Spirit84 

Your wife can call every international destination pm lists on the website under international add on destinations except the Phillipines. Canada and the US included. If you wish to save those minutes for their higher value calling destinations you can buy the $5/500min Canada wide calling add on. It's a one time purchase with no expiry.....it will roll over every 30 days until completely consumed. It took me nearly 2 1/2 years for me to finally use up my first $5/500min add on. At $0.01/min it's light on the pocketbook.

Hi @statusquo all calls with any providers are round up, just that we don't care if we have unlimited incoming calls

But there are people on old $13 plan that has limited incoming call minutes as well

statusquo

Did I misunderstand because I don't think incoming calls can be rounded up if unlimited?  Or you mean the 100 outgoing calls?

Spirit84

Thank you. I saw that we were given the 500 long distance minutes. Thanks for pointing out that she can use those minutes in Canada as well. So to be clear: she can call the USA for free within those 500 minutes?

Hi @Spirit84 you need to buy add-on first $5. For 500 minutes

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Spirit84 

When did you get this plan for your wife? If you got the plan in the spring of 2019 between approximately March to May its possible it has only 100 minutes in and out. There was a brief 7 week period starting February 13th 2021 that the $15 plan had 100 outgoing provincial calling minutes and unlimited incoming calls. Otherwise the $15 plan has unlimited incoming calls and 100 outgoing Canada wide calling minutes. Toll free phone numbers do not use minutes nor does call forwarding. Calling voicemail from your own phone does use outgoing minutes and all calls are rounded up to the nearest minute including ring time. Hang up before 52 seconds pass or 1 minute and 52 seconds to avoid rounding up to the next minute.

Spirit84

Thanks Meow. Just to clarify - you mean that after the 500 minutes it would cost 1 cent or does it mean that for the $5 those 500 extra minutes will all cost 1 cent?

Hi @Spirit84 call your phone from another line. When you hear the recording, press * 

Spirit84

hanks Quigley. Sorry to be such a newbie but how do you pickup VMs from another phone?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Spirit84 

Fyi, note that all incoming outgoing calls are rounded up, therefore a 10 second call is rounded up to to 1 minute. Checking your voicemail with your phone also counts towards incoming calls.

Quigley
Mayor / Maire

@Spirit84 

All incoming calls are free.  Only calling out is counted on the 100 minutes.

Also calls to your voicemail is counted on to 100 minutes.,. So try to get voicemails from another phone or landline.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Incoming calls from anywhere are free. ONLY calls you make within Canada are counted toward your 100 minutes.

You can always buy 500 Canada wide minutes for $5 as add-on; then 1 minute pf calling out cost 1 cent.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Spirit84 if you have the $15 plans then yes, incoming are free and only outbound uses the 100 minutes

But remember, you have the holiday bonus , 2GB. And 500 LD mins.  The 500 mins can be used for calling Canada too

Need Help? Let's chat.