cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a new phone

Messi10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Good morning Public Mobile Community. My current phone I've been using is an old phone and I've bought a new one. I would like to transfer over all of my apps and personal information over to my new phone and also keep my existing phone number. How do I go about making this happen? Please help, I would like to use my new phone today if possible

5 REPLIES 5

@Messi10 

generally, doesn't matter.  But I usually put the PM sim card in the new phone, then use cable to transfer (or you can also use Cloud to transfer the data)

Messi10
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a Motorola Edge 5G (2022) 256GB + 8GB XT2205-1 Unlocked. Does it matter in what steps I take first? Should I transfer over everything to my new phone before or after pulling the SIM card out?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you have Physical SIM then just puling it out from Old phone and Inserting it into new one will 'transfer' your number and services to new phone.

As for apps, contacts, etc. some OS (Android-Samsung) have custom apps (Samsung Smart Switch) to do that and there are many 3rd part apps to help you out.
FIRST OF ALL before you start any transfer is to do BACKUP at external device. If everything fails you will have to enter data manually...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Messi10 

Just pop out the old SIM from the old phone into the new phone to transfer your number over to the new phone. The SIM size might be different so just pop out the SIM spacer but be careful not to scratch the copper contacts.

If it is an iPhone to iPhone, just scan the QR code when you are prompt when setup the new iPhone.

If it is an android to android, just download the Smart Switch app on both phones and transfer it through cable or wireless.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Messi10 

you can simply take the sim outta old and install in new phone to keep your number. What make / model is new phone ?

Need Help? Let's chat.