cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate tech

ShelleyA
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Had to buy a new phone and ofc the sim card does not fit and need to buy another one. Problem is I took sim card out of old phone and when I put back in get message that I have emergency calls only. Did I damage the card somehow and have to wait for new card before I can use phone? 

12 REPLIES 12

@ShelleyA 

If you look carefully, the Nano size is close to the contacts and you can snap off the last spacer but be careful not to scratch the contacts. Maybe you can ask for help from a LD staff to help you snap off the small spacer.

HI @ShelleyA   While Telus store will sell PM sim, they won't really help with PM issues

Come back here and post your problems and we can all try to help

or you can open ticket with CS agent

ShelleyA

have ordered a sim card from here and will take it to a telus store for help. good thing I still have land line. thanks for the help

Click on the Find a store link down below. The only places to buy sims are in corporate stores (other than mail order).

I still think you might be unsure of the sim card sizes. Do you have a really old sim from here? It has been quite a while now that they have sold the tri-cut sims that can be snapped apart and re-assembled as needed.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ShelleyA 

Check your local Telus store for new sim cards. Bring both your new and old phone, the reps there will show you how to install the new sim card and can help figure out why your current sim won't work in your old phone anymore.

ShelleyA

replying to all, new phone is brand new. The sim card is to big, and not a nano that has different sizes. Going to see if I can buy one locally, London drugs no longer sells public mobile cards. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ShelleyA 

Your SIM comes in 3 sizes with Nano, Micro and Standard sizes. There are 2 spacers so you can add or remove to fit the Micro and Standard size.

As noted by others, where did you purchase the new phone? 
Privately or from a retailer?

If the sim needs to be smaller in the "new" phone then the sim you have should have very small cuts to carefully snap out the smaller sim. Put the smaller sim in the "new" phone. Carefully. And keep the frame parts for whatever might happen in the future.

If you need to go up in size then you can get those frame parts from retailers if you don't already have them.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @ShelleyA   this is weird.  Usually if a sim is damaged, it likely say No sim 

Try to put the sim card in another phone (try on a friend's phone) and see

If you need a new sim card, get it from Telus or Koodo stores around you

ShelleyA

put sim card back into old phone til I can get a new sim card. the old phone was working til I removed card and put it back in

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Where did you buy your 'new' phone?

At retailer - brand new or 3rd party - used (kijiji, etc.)

Phone could be locked. All SIM cards these days come with adapters so if your SIM is to small there is an adapter to fit it into new phone. If it is too big it could be cut off to fit into small SIM port.

Can you get hold of a SIM card fitting your phone AND you know it is working in another phone so you can put it into your new phone and see will it work or not.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Is your new phone "new" or did you buy a used phone ? Could it be reported as stolen or blacklisted ?

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Need Help? Let's chat.