cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got an iPhone 8 in the shop here a couple months ago. Battery is failing. How long does it take ?

sadlyPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

got my phone a couple of months ago, it said 85% battery health. a little disappointing but anyways now I am getting this random shutdowns that says it is because the battery isn't able to deliver full juice or something with a warning that my phone is in slow mode or something like that.. in other words it is cooked.

I need my phone pretty badly, how long can I expect PM to fix this and me be without a phone. I really wish I wouldn't have went this route, but because it's been bad battery the whole time and now this. 

are they going to swap the phone or replace the battery themselves or apple ?

I did consider  looking at these iPhone 8 Plus here that I would possible upgrade if they let me for the $20 extra they are

11 REPLIES 11

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Hi. My wife and I both have iPhone 8 Plus. With battery health similar to yours. No issues, not big users are we, and have set up a lot of battery savings options turned on. Usually last a good two days. 

Is your phone exposed to cold weather? That can be an issue. 

Cutting in and out does not sound good....and for me not sure if it is a battery issue. My guess is that your phone has  never been repaired or open...and more so by some one unqualified. 

Try a hard reboot, let battery die (or get to less than 20%) and then charge.  

Not the answer you are looking for I know...but it might work. If not I would google the issue to confirm a replacement vs a new battery install. Reason I say that.....battery may not be the issue. 

OR go to APPLE store and see if they can run “their” diagnostics on it. 

@sadlyPM 

Lol...Im sorry I missed the part about the estimate. I just assumed you understood that within the warranty period the repair or replacement would be free of charge with a free loaner from telus if the device repair or replacement could not be done within a short period of time.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sadlyPM 

I have an iPhone 7 and iPhone 8 with 85% and 93% battery health and the battery drains quickly when I updated to IOS 15.2 and IOS 14 rapidly increase the system data in the internal storage. Other issues is non responsive touch screen but good thing it hasn"t affected my iPhones.

These are issues with the latest updates and many complaints to Apple.

85% battery health is not bad so I would think it is the IOS updates that is causing this issue.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@

@sadlyPM wrote:

got my phone a couple of months ago, it said 85% battery health. a little disappointing

So it looks like you bought a phone from PM? PM sells refurbished phones...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sadlyPM 

within the 30-day Money Back Guarantee period, you can return your defective phone, free of damage and in its original physical condition,

after 30-day If you are experiencing issues with your phone, and it no longer falls within the 1-year Certified Pre-Owned warranty period or physical / liquid damage is present, we recommend bringing your phone directly to one of Mobile Klinik’s established walk-in repair shops for quick, them will check it for you if the Battery issue them will replacement for Free under warranty.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@sadlyPM  - battery is at 85%..I understand how you would not be that pleased about it. But recently, a friend of mine tried to get a battery replaced that was purchased from Apple within the last year and they would not replace it (for free) unless it dropped below 80%. 

Do you remember if you checked the battery life when you first got it, if so what was it?

There are some tips to help improve iphone 8 battery life if you look up your model and improve battery life (for example).

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @sadlyPM , 

Please open a ticket with PM. But don't talk about Battery life, sometimes, they won't give full 1 year warranty for battery.  Maybe you found other issues, like random reboot  🙂

To open a ticket with PM support, click on the Bubble on the lower right or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot
Follow these these to get to ticket open page quicker:

1. Type CPO phone
  2. Click Phone Warranty 
  3. Click Contact Us
  4. Click Click here to submit a ticket
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

@sadlyPM 

Generally pm warranty repairs are done thru mobile klinik (for beyond the 1 year warranty issues)or (within 1 year warranty issues) a telus store. If you have the latter near you then the repair could be done fairly quickly depending on the exact issue. But you need to start the process by following the warranty protocol as supplied by @Anonymous .

Edit:

Corrected warranty repair return/repair retailers.

2nd edit:

Replace former with latter.

sadlyPM

it doesn't really give me an idea of an estimate or answer my exact questions. 

sadlyPM

ya I put a ticket in already.

Need Help? Let's chat.