cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot use my 300 International Long Distance Minutes

voya
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi

I have 300 International Long Distance Minutes but I am unable to call any of  the allowed International countries (including USA).  I receive the prompt that I do not have minutes to call. But i have 300 minutes and have not used any of it. 

Can someone explain why i have this situation? 

12 REPLIES 12

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

There is a separate long distance add-on for calling the US.

1000 U.S. Long Distance Minutes - $15

Calls made to numbers starting with the following six digit combinations are not included in US calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 712-432, 605-562, 641-552, 605-475, 605-477, 712-775, 559-726.

voya

Thanks

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@voya wrote:

???

That is irrelevant question. I have said I cannot use my 300 International Long Distance Minutes and your question is if I have it? 

@voya 

Were you able to use it previously to now, OR did you just purchase it and it does not work?

This particular addon is for when YOU are in Canada only, just making sure of that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@voya 

is showing to you the 300 international in your account Under My Data & Add-Ons...check it..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@voya   which country you are trying to call?  the 300 International Calling does NOT include USA.  you can only use it to call the following countries:

Intl long distance Add-On included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela. Calls must originate from Canada.

For USA, you have to buy the 1000 US Long Distance Minute for $15

voya

???

That is irrelevant question. I have said I cannot use my 300 International Long Distance Minutes and your question is if I have it? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@voya 

maybe it's not going through your Purchase,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account, if you found at Available Funds: $ ?

Try To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check to see if you see under data and add-ons for the LD minutes.

Purchasing an add-on is a two step process.  You need to add it and make a payment.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@voya 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

do you see the 300 international in your account Under My Data & Add-Ons..

voya

I have done that. 

Suspended the service and reactivated the service. Still cannot make international calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

@voya 

refreshing your network,

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@voya 

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service

Need Help? Let's chat.