cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help With International Details

SammyTurtle69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I’m kinda stupid and need help.

I live in Canada and am travelling to the US next week. My current plan subscription is “75 GB within Canada and the US data” and “Unlimited Canada and US wide minutes and messaging plus unlimited international text and picture messaging”. 

Basically I want to know what I’m covered for so that once I get home from vacation I don’t see a phone bill costing me an arm and a leg. From my understanding, I can make calls and texts from Canada to US, from US to Canada, and use up to 75 GB of data while in the US. I don’t need to turn off roaming or anything while crossing the border.

Is there anything I’m missing or I should look out for?

3 REPLIES 3

SammyTurtle69
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you, that’s good to know!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @SammyTurtle69 

yes, basically you use PM service in US like you are in Canada

just make sure turn on roaming data on your phone, connect to T-Mobile or aT&T

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@SammyTurtle69   You've got it right, it works the same in both countries.  Just leave data roaming on and start off on 4G/LTE until you're sure you have a good connection.  Voice calls can be problematic in the US if you don't have a VoLTE phone because there's no 3G there.  If you have any issues post back here and someone will likely be able to help.  Often it is seamless but other times it needs a few settings tweaks.

Need Help? Let's chat.