cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't finish the activation. No CSA is available to chat with. What a Joke...

samebumblebee11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Community.

I can't finish my activation. I'm stuck at step 3 because my step 1 (choose a plan) has disappeared.  When I go to re-choose my plan, none of the plans are the same as what I chose on Aug 7th(had to wait for a SIM Card).

The bot is so frustrating and useless. When I try to chat with a CSA, it says none are available.

Any assistance would Help!!!

Thanks and have a good evening.

8 REPLIES 8

@samebumblebee11 

I'm confident that Customer Support will get you lined up with your selection using the link softy suggested. You're not alone in your feedback re: the chatbot. Once you do get set up with your new account, perhaps send a follow-up message to Customer Support and let them know your experience with it. After all...if you say nothing, that's like saying it's ok.

@slusagm.

I was able to choose it and got a confirmation in my email I was even charged for it on my credit card.Screenshot_20240814-231545-322.png

Thanks Hairbag1. 

I totally understand that much of the support is community based.  This is the fifth plan that I've purchased and now my whole family is going to be with Public. 

Seems that each time I signed one of my family members up, there was always an issue. This time I thought it would be different since I used the app. Everything was going super well and I was impressed as the subscription process seemed to know that I was waiting to receive the SIM card. But then when I tried to continue, I clicked on the plan to make sure that I was still getting the deal that I signed up for (was charged on my credit card) I could no longer pick it because it wasn't in the list to choose from. In this case you wouldn't be able to help as my official account is not even created yet hence why I clicked on the "chat now/get support "to speak to someone right away.

I've been lucky as once my accounts are set up I've never had to really get support. The service is solid and I really can't complain. I'm a satisfied customer. Except when almost every time I had to subscribe one of my family members.  I cringe always at the thought of going through getting help to get my issues fixed. The really frustrating part is the bot, I spent a couple hours on trying to get the info while going around in circles, I must have had 10 tabs opened on my computer from all the separate windows that the bot kept opening. Why couldn't the bot provide the link that @softech provided. As soon as I had that I was able to sent a message to CS_Agent. Also, had someone on the support side responded to my chat request (during the normal posted hours of operation) I would have been been directly in contact with someone that could help, instead, I got a message saying that no agents were not available and the chat window closed. 

Anyway I just think that if you have a button to chat with an agent but that no agents are available isn't during the hours of support lacks a bit. By tweaking the app to show that you are number 99 in the queue and an eta in minutes before you are server then users would know what to expect.  I definitely didn't expect to get no support. A bit more tweaking should be done to the bot to not send the user in circles,  would really help the situation and not leave customers so frustrated. 

Anyway thanks for your response and looking forward to seeing you on the forums. Take care 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

the 10GB for $23 was a plan from couple months ago., I don't think it was there on Aug 7

@samebumblebee11 

please be aware that Public Mobile is a DIY type of service. There are no traditional call center support staff waiting for your call. If you have questions or run into a road block, come here to the PM Community Forum first. Our crowd-sourced information and guidance will get you through most issues you might experience. Account related questions can only be addressed by Customer Support otherwise. The people manning the Forum are regular customers just like you and me and we've seen most issues resolved within minutes, right here in the Forum. I won't say we've seen it all...but we've seen many problems and solutions...if we can't help we'll provide useful guidance to get you through. Welcome aboard.

samebumblebee11

BTW, thank you for your assistance. 🙂 I will try the link you provided.

samebumblebee11

I chose 10GB at 4g speed for $23 but when I look at what's available, it's the basic/standard plans.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@samebumblebee11 

which plan were you trying to choose?

if you want to chat with CS Agent, please message them here
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after ticket submitted, CS Agent will reply to you there          

Need Help? Let's chat.